"In Transit"

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by PhantomWorks, Dec 22, 2015.

1. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    On my Dealers website it list a hellcat as "in transit". What does that mean?

2. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    it means they have a hellcat that has left the plant and is on its way to the dealership. Now, FYI, ALL cars, even already sold orders will automatically show up on their website, so just because you see that they have one coming in doesn't mean it isn't already accounted for.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It means that the HC listed has completed the build/inspection process and has left the factory on it's way to the dealership.

FCA controls the websites and inventory so whether it's a customer order or a dealer stock it will always show up on web searches for inventory.

Only thing to do is call and see if it is spoken for or a dealer stock order. This is how I found my MY15 Charger HC. While waiting on my customer order from 12 Jan 2015 at a local dealership, an "in transit" showed up in late June going to a GA dealership that was a dealer stock order. Since it was dealer stock and available, the rest is history and now my daily driver.

The best help is self help if you're trying to find one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I thought it meant the lot jockey is taking a new car out for a few burn outs and hot laps before the new owner picks up the car.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the clarity guys. So does it mean it's literally on a truck or about to be etc...

6. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It could be anywhere between the staging lot at the plant, rail yard staging, actually on the train, rail yard storage on receiving end (waiting on local transport to dealership)...

If you have the VIN, post over in Challenger or Charger Status threads and ask ResumeSpeed (thread owner) for update on it. He'll be able to pull status and projected schedule.

Breaking News - Challenger Hellcats 11/12/14 | SRT Hellcat Forum

7. PhantomWorks

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I will do that thanks! I have an order on a white charger that "should" be here in Feb/mar, but have run down a challenger "in transit". So was just trying to get a better understanding of the term, because the dealer was not to sure (which kinda through me for a loop). My timing must have been perfect because they were not aware it was on the website when I called about it. Which didn't make sense either, but does now that you have explained. Hopefully will get my hands on one here shortly. The dealer felt it would be arriving in JAN...