Indiana Hellcats

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by IndyHellcat, Dec 4, 2014.

1. IndyHellcat

IndyHellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello all, wondered if anybody knew where in Indiana there may be some allocations left for orders? Several for sale in the area and all are being advertised over MSRP. Got a deposit down at a local dealership but 2nd in line for the next allocation (I believe). Dealer claims that cars ordered in the first allocation are being built so may just have to wait it out and see!

2. Jacob B.

Jacob B. Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I heard Button dodge in Kokomo has one

• Like Like x 1
  3. redkey

redkey Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    this dealer just contacted me. said somebody made an offer on a car that's on it's way in, but never presented with the money. "We do have someone that has made an offer on that vehicle, but has not put any money down to reserve it yet." dealer tried hitting me at 10K over. I just said no. he's in Indiana, car is a manual, redline red with sepia Laguna leather. if you want to try throwing a lesser offer at him that's your biz. if you want to try throwing a cow paddie at him that's your business too. same old same old

abradshaw@glenbrookdodge.comSubject: RE: dodge challenger hellcat

4. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    here's his latest: don't know how much wiggle room he will do, but here's what he said. of course keep in mind that when you wave cash under someone's nose you might be surprised at the outcome. good luck with it if you take a shot.

I am sorry. The market on this vehicle is at a minimum 10,000 extra. I have seen many dealerships with a lot higher prices than that, and a lot that won't get they're order picked up due to limited production of this vehicle. We have an offer of 5,000 extra on this vehicle so far. If you would like to offer a little bit less than ten but more than 5,000. I would be more than happy to take the offer to the manager for you.

5. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've dealt with them before. My opinion is not good. The other Dodge dealer in town has mine on way at MSRP.

6. IndyHellcat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Redkey, thanks for the heads up. I do not wish to take this deal from you if you are pursuing it! I placed an order today with the local dealer in Indianapolis, who's gotten some allocations but each have been taken. They didn't clarify if they received a December allocation but I would be in line for the January allocation if they receive one.

Frustrating process so far! Will be my first muscle car and cannot wait!!

7. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    $5,001 and you want swag! Tshirts, cups, keychains and a full tank of gas! Lol:D. If he will throw in a pistol grip shifter, you can send that my way.;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    l
    well this probably sounds selfish, but I'm going to get my own car first, so no this won't put any wrinkle in my plans. along the way I' find out about a bunch of cars, but except for the one GraniteHellcat told me about, they've all been above MSRP. if I'd have gone for Granite's 'cat in MD, I'd have had to have an upholsterer work on it because it didn't have Laguna and it had a red/black interior. my last Vette before my current Z06 had a red/black interior and I'd really rather have something different...and not have to hassle with an upholsterer. but I do appreciate his telling me that it was available. he's good people. as it was, somebody else got that car and from what I've heard, she's happy. so all's well with that.

this Indiana guy says he'll come down off $10K but basically was saying that he turned down $5K over msrp and said he'd sell it to me for what was basically a lot closer to 10 than 5. at any rate, I'd rather wait for something more preferable.

I did place an order yesterday, but you know how that goes: until you see that "D" or "D1" you're just going on a salesperson's word. was happy to learn about the brass monkeys yesterday though. I thought they were a long, long way off and I was worried they'd look like those old gold-looking STI wheels from 2006. as it turns out, I think they look great! almost a gunmetal grey with a bit of sheen. so, I went back to Pearl, with Sepia Laguna, brass monkeys, and summer tires in a MANUAL.

when I was working on getting a '13 GT500 and spending most of my time on Mustang forums, one of the things I saw that I really didn't like....because that's basically the way I am....is that most of those guys were hoping they'd severely restrict production numbers and the reason they wanted that is because they figured that'd make their car that they were fortunate enough to get, even more valuable. I think that if you're a car guy, that sucks! to my way of thinking, I hope every single person who can afford one does indeed get one because it makes me happy to see others get joy. to wish others get no joy so that you can even amp up more the joy you're already lucky enough to get is really a d*ck move IMO. that having been said, I'm not exactly Ghandi, am I? lol Because like I said, right now if I come across a good deal on a 'cat that I'm pleased with, I'm gonna go for it myself.

I'll probably still keep looking for Hellcats even after I get one myself though because hunting is part of the fun of being a car guy IMO.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not to sound rude ( im probably the nicest person you will meet)But for all the people out there searching for cars, why did you wait so long to get on board, I called my dealer as soon as I got rumor of the price, and told him to put me on the list, at that ttime there was no list, so I was a sticky not to his monitor with first in line, when the sheet came, I was first in line aswell as the owner of the dealership, come opening day, I was part of allocation, I didn't want to miss out on this, and it was sold to me at msrp..Please don't give up on finding a car, they will come and you will love it.. I hope they don't put the motor in everything and it takes away the special out of it.. But we shall see..

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm in my late fifties. do you know how many cars I've seen come and go? have you considered how many more will be coming out in the years to come?

I was already in line (still have a deposit) on a '15 Z06 and could have put in my order 7 weeks ago because I want a manual coupe and most people want auto which is on constraint and a couple of months behind manuals productions, as are verts. used ZR1's are now going for high $60's in one at Harbor Chev in So Cal (if it's even still there now) for a 3LZ trim level that sold for $140K new and that's a 1-owner car that's 'Certified Pre Owned.'. I can find used Gen V Vipers for low 70's. the GT350 is coming out in 8 or 9 months and I could get one for $1K over invoice at the same dealer I got my '13 GT500 at $1K over invoice. MY2017 will bring back the GT500 or whatever the next knuckle-buster 'stang will be and I will quite possibly get one of those at either $1K over invoice or $1500 over invoice if I have to go to my second Ford dealer connection because I'm being told that quite a few people are already asking about the GT350 already. the Z/28 with 305's on all 4 corners is out there right now. the C7 Z51 is out. basically there are soooooooo many awesome cars out there right now that I don't need to be in any frantic rush about ANY of them....and that's a good thing.

I don't know how old you are, but if you were around long enough to remember what it was like in the 1960's, and especially if you lived through the dark days of the late 1970s and the entire 1980s with 185 hp Vettes you'd appreciate that RIGHT NOW is a time like we haven't seen in at least 40 years. it is absolutely spectacular and there's all the new tech too....even while the resto-mod craze is going full tilt.

I do have to say that I wish we'd get over the romance with retro already. life will continue to bring new, talented people with ideas that nobody has ever seen yet and to the degree that we stay so heavily in retro because it's a more reliable source of financial income, our souls aren't getting the nutrition that comes along with what never-before-seen creations bring us, which is the truthful fact that just as they say in narcotics anonymous, "More will be revealed." people who sincerely believe that it's all been said and done don't even make the effort to attempt something new because of the inherent risk in it. for both better, and worse though, the truth is that if it's possible to do, whatever it is....good, bad, or indifferent...eventually somebody is going to try it. basically humans are monkeys. eventually we'll probably be the cause of our own extinction, but as behavior evidences, boredom is a far worse fate than that split second look of "oh sh!t" shock we'll display just before entering oblivion.

i remember as a kid sitting with my buddies in some mid 60's GT500 at some little country fair in upstate NY that had a $5500 Monroney; a HUGE price at the time. I saw a similar car sell for $550K at Barret-Jackson a few years ago. What I'd really like is a '68 Charger R/T but for now a Hellcat would be fine...until the next one I get a craving for. I can only afford 2 cars at a time, it's not like I've got my own collection, but i'll continue to enjoy the happiness of knowing that life will continue to bring nice surprises as time passes, just as it'll bring sorrow from time to time. the older I get the more I appreciate that life is more about the 'journey' than the destination. and, that includes getting to meet people along the way. so, i'll extend a cyber high-five to ya, say I hope we become buddies and repeat the observation most of us eventually do which is, "what a long strange trip it's been"

to be to the point, there's no need to rush and I'm not frantic about any of it. it's fun!!

11. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was not around in the 60s, I was born mid 70s, I was going to but a used gt500, or cobra 03-04, but I didn't someone elses beat up car, I want brand new, fast, that's be made faster, and looks cool, the challenger for me is it

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yeh, unless you know the previous owner, a pre-owned can be too risky. sometimes they're good, but usually the more monstrous a vehicle, the more risky. who buys a GT500 solely lfor a daily driver? with the Z06 because of the demographic of owners, as long as it's stock, there's usually less risk. it's a cliche' that old dudes get one and take it out for a drive to the beach or the golf course on a weekend and then back into the garage it goes. usually less hassle from LEO's and usually better insurance rates too. I had a new 2006 EVO IX then traded it and in Oct of 2008 got a new leffover 2007 Z51 Vette with a $56K price. my insurance, via GEICO was almost exactly half on the new Vette compared to the $35K EVO

I've got a 2009 Z06 which I picked up in late April of this year, and I got if from Tim Boone at Boardwalk Chev in Redwood City, CA. Tim's about as tall as Abe Lincoln and typically has a neon orange Mohawk. You can't miss that about Tim, but what's the most important thing you can't miss about Tim is that he's both knowledgeable and literally as honest as Abe himself. the car had 4 years and 8 months since it's in-service date, was one-owner local, and had 2188 miles on her when I got her. Literally still smelled new. tight and right! I got a great price and just added a 48 month/60,000 mile extended warranty on for another $2K. Vettes can be nice in that way...can't think of another vehicle offhand that people treat that way, i.e., it's owned by some aging professional who just sticks it in the garage 95% of it's life.

with a Hellcat, even if it's in the showroom with the plastic still on the steering wheel and seats, I want to know the mileage and to look underneath for any teensy bits of melted rubber stuck to the undercarriage, I haven't heard people talk about the break-in period but even with manufacturers who say that's a thing of the past, I'd still go through the routine for the first 1,000 miles. and I think that more likely than not, just because of all the hype that surrounds the car (it's reputation precedes itself). somebody at least did a tire-smoking...or 3...or 4

13. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Oh there are a few on here that did burn outs with 100 miles on the clock, my hellcat was delivered to me with ten miles,, 7 was the pdi and the other were from the general manager bringing it from the drop location... Stop speed 55..before I even got to the car her brought it to my attention that the splitter in the front had a small scrape on it,, you should never see it, but he told me about it, and has a new one ordered,,I looked a new z51 vette,, very nice looking and sounding car,, but when I went to sit in it,,I was turned off,, what a pain to get in and out of..now I'm not over weight, I'm on the slender side, and 6 foot tall... it's tight getting in that car..the hellcat is the first two door car I have owned in about 15 years, and it's great to get into and out of..drives great....please post pictures of your car when you get it

Attached Files:

14. IndyHellcat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey Hellcat1, did not take offense to your post, dont worry...but to answer your questions I did go to the dealer the first day I could when the original ordering opened up but to my surprise, I was third in line and all they had was one allocation. So from what I understand, the second allocation was taken in the December and believe I should get the January spot. They officially put the order in the other day, also to my surpise, but it sounds like the dealer has been pretty straightforward with me to this point. I also put in a request to be first in the line for the Charger but decided against that and that could have been why he didn't put the order in.

I also agree with Redkey that its complete crap to limit the amount of cars they produce, these guys who think the GT500s are going to valuable someday but watch too much Discovery Channel on flipping old cars!!

At any rate, I have been trolling the web since I saw the release of the Hellcat and cannot wait to get one of these things.

15. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You will be happy with it, and I hope it gets built soon,, I hated waiting it's the worst ever,, never ordering a car again..

• Agree Agree x 1