Inexpensive GPS and OBDII telemetry for track rats...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by rw99, Dec 17, 2015.

1. rw99

rw99 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm backing this Kickstarter campaign... excited about their product. The campaign has a couple weeks left on the clock, and I'm hoping some of my fellow road course drivers (or gadget hounds) are also looking for a low cost telemetry and timing unit. I'm not affiliated with the product or its manufacturer in any way.

High-rate GPS data acquisition is the key element of this unit, powering accurate lap timing and mapping for video overlays. Need to improve your exit speeds on that problematic turn? High resolution telemetry lets you test your changes (e.g. braking point) and quantify the results.

Kickstarter campaign backers can choose their level of support, and your pledged $$ don't leave your wallet unless the campaign reaches its required funding level. At present, you can still secure a $199 option, which is basically like pre-ordering the product at a $75 discount.

Check it out:

RaceCapture and Podium: Race it. Share it. Prove it.

Rich

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The GPS looks superior to what is out now, the integration looks easy compared to others. I tried a Cobra product but the speed read could not keep up with the Hellcat in a 50-150 mph straight. Same thing will happen in a drag race. I am getting a GoPro for Christmas, so with this I will post up some good video next year. I am in. Thanks!

3. rw99

rw99 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This company already makes a "pro" level system, so we're not dealing with some lonely guy trying to slap this together in his garage. I'm hopeful they'll reach their funding goal... $200 for a high quality system is a steal.

Rich

4. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bump! Funded. Looks like the units are shipping in May. Just in time for the season to start up north here. Used the GoPro skiing today. I have a 3, my buddy has a 4. His battery died after one run. The cheaper unit shooting at reasonable resolution rocked all day. Glad I got the less complicated GoPro Fyi.

5. rw99

rw99 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looking forward to these! They're integrating WiFi camera triggering in the initial production. Great news.

Rich