Informed today

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Sublimecat, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had a sublime green scheduled to build on 10/7 till today. Options included Laguna leather and black hood. The car was in D status for the last week. Car moved to C status and dealer called to say if I wanted the hood and Laguna leather I had to wait till December. Thanks Dodge!

2. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cool hope it gets built real soon

3. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I heard those Laguna cows were really hard to catch!!o_O Too far? Sorry, hang in there. I really hope we see some of these orders coming out soon!

4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From what Chrysler told my rep directly, they didn't expect so many pre orders of the hellcat for laguna leather. They thought only 10% would do laguna but in fact about 70% did order.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is significant. Sounds like your dealer is in the know. I have really appreciated having someone that kept in contact on the build and kept me in the loop. Makes a big difference. Thanks for sharing this information.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awww shucks :oops: you're welcome

7. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got more good news from the dealer today. After having a VIN for weeks, being in D status and having a build date of 10/7 originally, dodge figured out they didn't have enough satin black paint and black leather. Satin black paint and black leather are hard to come by these days. I have two options. I can give up those two options and the car will be built sometime in November. If I wait for those two options the car will most likely be built after the first of the year.

I am tempted to tell them to keep their car and order a Z06. Dodge didn't think this through very well.

8. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear but you could try telling them you will cancel if they don't find a solution see if they budge

9. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My heart just broke a little. You must be HORRIBLY distraught to consider a Z06 as a replacement. I am really sorry to hear about your issue. I am not getting the whole black hood issue, I mean we are ONLY talking about paint here! I get that the Laguna cows are a challenge to catch and they did not catch enough for the first batch! Sorry, humor is probably not okay right now. Hang in there, please don't give up on Dodge. Just think about this, my friend has a Che** and it has been in the shop more than she has driven it!o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You couldnt even say the Chevy brand name lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was told not to cuss. As a Representative of Hellcat.org I must maintain the appropriate professionalism.:p

12. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I love it :p dodge all da way

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The longer this BS goes on with this car it's getting easier to say chevy. That black hood can be solved easily at any local body shop. The Laguna leather is more frustrating but the biggest frustration is the build date going from 10/7 till sometime (whenever that is) next month. How hard is it for a manufacturer to understand what your parts inventory is or what your suppliers are capable of and schedule accordingly. They do this everyday. I wonder how they thought they were going to build the car next week in the first place?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My rep was informed direct from Chrysler that they were expecting 10% of ppl to order Laguna when reality was 70% ordered it.

15. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I heard that. What genius would think only 10%? There are only 5 or 6 opyions on this car and they cut half of them out. Their marketing team needs some re-evaluation