Insane no foot on gas and brake with ACC

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT 392' started by ChargerChallenger, Jul 1, 2015.

1. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My SRT with ACC(Adaptive Cruise Control) is just crazy insane. This was one of the reasons I passed on the Hellcat over the SRT I can go from zero to top speed following others in stop and go traffic. I live in the Washignton DC area where it's known we have the worst heavy traffic in the nation. The never ending stop and go traffic drives u crazy. But with my ACC I literally can let the car stop and go on its own without my foot on the gas or brake. And what's weird about my Charger is it out does my 2015 Challenger. My Challenger turns off the ACC ONCE I GO BELOW 10 mph and it won't re activate until 20 MPH PLUS. MY CHARGER WILL OPERATE DOWN TO ZERO AND START BACK FROM ZERO to the set top speed. And just a note as long as the car does not come to a complete stop for more than a second or so it does not automatically turn off.

Does anyone else have the same experience as my Challenger? My Challenger automatically turns off the ACC once u get below 10 MPH. The ACC is an awesome feature which it takes awhile to get used to but is great for the daily driver and since I work out of my vehicle this is a great feature. And I drive 150-200 miles a day

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Challenger doesn't have full stop. ACC is the best feature EVER

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i have never used cruise control.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Misterdhdt

Misterdhdt Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    First time it collision avoidance activated it caught me off gaurd. Thought car just broke down. But yes the cruise portion is great. Collision avoidance takes some getting used to. And the lane departure portion sucks in traffic when having to change lanes. That button stays off

5. VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice looking stable!

6. Dthiss

Dthiss Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I know this is an old thread, but I had to comment. I've had my SRT Charger for several weeks now and used it on a trip from Bakersfield to San Diego. This particular trip took me through LA rush hour traffic (just as bad as I-95 out of D.C., I used to live in Virginia). Now the wifey poo was in the car so I used the ACC under the radar (pun intended) for just a bit. Man was I impressed. Seriously the best thing ever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. stonewall

stonewall VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not a fan of any car driving itself. when something malfunctions and eats the arse off the car in front you wont like it either. my 2ct

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. dechan

dechan Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    I ordered the tech package primarily for resale down the road, I've never used any sort of cruise control functions in my car despite being equipped with it.

So far, my lane departure warning system is off.

The blind spot indicator and good to have around though. Still getting used to the dimensions of the car as I just came up from a much smaller car.

9. TurboJeep

TurboJeep Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My 2012 S63 did that. Was a nice feature in traffic. The S63 would also pull the car back into your lane if you crossed over the yellow line on the side of the road by hitting the drivers side brakes. The collision avoidance system saved me a few times in the Benz. Loved that car. What I DIDN'T like was the brakes would increase pressure on their own using the collision avoidance system. You wouldn't have to hit the brakes harder as you approached another car. It would do it for you. After almost 3 years driving that car, it took me a bit getting used to the HC not doing that at stop signs and lights and stuff. Technology is cool, but can be annoying at times.

One thing the Benz had that I wish ALL cars had is the brake lock. At a long light, you can pump the brake pedal one time and the car will hold the brakes for you until you either hit the brakes again or hit the gas. That was the one true feature that spoiled me. I hate sitting there with my foot on the brake. I usually pop it into N or P. All Benz' have that system. Wish other manufacturers would follow.

10. SRTCVO

SRTCVO Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The lack of ACC gave me a bit of pause on my recent Hellcat purchase. After having it on the wife's last two Jeep Grand Cherokees and growing to like it anytime I drove those vehicles, I looked at it as a "must have" for any new car I got. In the end, I wanted 707 horsepower more, but I think it is a GREAT safety feature that reduces driver fatigue on long hauls in traffic.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Glad everyone's happy... just wait and ya all will be over-joyed... just think about it, you won't have to steer or really even think, you've already given up rowing your own gears... just imagine how nice it's ganna be not being able to even drive. How fun to just be a passenger! Who needs to be a "driver"... that's going to be a thing of the past , soon , very soon... so keep embracing your own demise... (of course I'm still upset with computer taking over the most of the breaking process)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jefe

Jefe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Man card revoked

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. ChargerChallenger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Curious to why you personally are insulting me?

14. ChargerChallenger

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The SRT 392 bang for buck in my eyes is the best Dodge performance car here. And truthfully I miss mine and had I had a chance to compare the Hellcat drive (couldn't fricking drive one 1-2 years ago let alone get one) to the SRT392 I just may have kept mine. And yeah the Hellcat is awesome but she gets you in trouble to say the least. I have hit 150 in mine racing a fricking crotch rocket biker and yes I beat him. I raced a 392 head to head and had to hit 100 plus to walk him and yah at 135 I walked him but the 392 is fast till she hits 80-90. For me personally I only wish the Hellcat had the technology package. And for some not excited about it that's fine. But for me I drive 150-200 miles 5-6 days a week. And live in the D.C. traffic and the ACC is awesome. And even to the point I recently purchased a Range Rover Sport 505HP (passed on the Jeep SRT since it seems the Jefe guy thinks it ain't masculine like the Hellcat cause he sold his SRT JEEP) from my local Land Rover dealer and had to teach the sales person how to use ACC. And no BS the sales guy calls me every now and then and thanks me for opening his eyes on how to properly use the ACC on believe it or not his Subaru. And for JEFE saying "man car revoked" since I dumped my SRT 392'S for 2 Hellcats not sure how that's a man car revoked accurate statement. And I certainly hope all the SRT 392 owners know from Jefe that they are not very masculine. And if they trade up they are really not masculine either. And for all the future dump your Hellcat for a DEMON your "man card revoked" as well. And for Jefe you should have waited it out a year cause "the poor mans Hellcat' 2017 is now available cheaper than used LOL. And for me ACC should be an option on all vehicles.because you don't have to turn it on if you don't want t to. Sorry Jefe for not being so diplomatic but why the personal insult I just don't get it. And I have read many of your postings and never made fun of what to me seemed silly. And now the moderator will get involved since the forum is going from cars to personal insults.
    6371AF83-5E23-4663-BE86-2886DAEA2BDD.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Silver Billet

Silver Billet Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wow! Talk about over reacting. I really doubt if he meant anything personal. I am sure it was said in jest. Kind of like a golfer hitting a short drive and another golfer chiding him that he should have worn his skirt that day. It's a shame you let it bother you so badly...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1