Insomniacs unite! Losing sleep on color choice.

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by gotjunk, Jan 18, 2016.

1. gotjunk

gotjunk Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Arrrrrgh....

Help. In b1 status and keep waffling on either billet or granite with the "orange" interior (let's call it like it really is, here). Like the billet - less time washing, harder to see rock chips ect. Others have said that this is a hard color to match. Really? Thoughts?

Granite is bad ass but a nightmare to keep clean. Shows finger prints, pollen looks great, and that first "ding" is gonna be super noticeable.

I know the clock is ticking. I can hear it...still awake. Duh.

Any insights? Thanks!

2. BLK_MAGIC

BLK_MAGIC VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would say go Granite, get it sealed makes it a lot easier to clean. Any metallic silvers are hard to match up unless you go to a good body shop.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vinnerman

Vinnerman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have granite, love it. I have had no problems keeping it clean except cars get dirty when you drive them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm biased, but I say Billet... IMG_2175mod.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Also, black interior, 'not much of a fan of the other interiors...

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Sb31767

Sb31767 Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My granite crystal w sephia interior gets raves from everyone. Gear heads Wife. Kids. It is loved by all as very upper end and classy

• Like Like x 1
  7. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No doubt (in my mind anyway)... Granite with black Laguna leather.

I generally like the lighter leathers in many cars (depending on color) but IMO Dodge got the shade all wrong on the Sepia. It's got too much of an orange tone. Should be more lighter brown or better yet they should have went with a deep red. Just my .02... Don't take offense if you have or like Sepia.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've had "silver" cars and I've had "gray" cars. Any metallic is going to be a little tough to match and should only be
    attempted by a good painter. That said, one of the easiest cars to keep (looking) "clean" that I've ever had has to
    be my 2014 GT500. It's "sterling metallic gray" a little lighter than the Granite Crystal Metallic that's on my replacement Hellcat but it has been the least troublesome by far. The billet and the granite both look KILLER on
    these cars and both are much more forgiving than say BLACK, but I'd vote, go with your gut! Get the one that you
    like the looks of the best.

Good luck and go take a nap!;)

9. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    SRT_HC_707 just saw your post, I think that we were typing at the same time. I may regret it (wife said I will) but I ordered the Sepia interior. The first pictures I saw of it were of a car for sale in Texas on ebay. Granite with Sepia.
    At first I turned up my nose a little, and then after I scrolled down a few more pictures I stopped. Thought about it
    for a minute, scrolled back up to the photo of the interior, studied it for a minute and said to myself "I love that" it
    reminds me of some of the "higher end" European cars that I've owned and or driven/ridden in across Europe and
    the middle east.

Some will say "this is an American muscle car, not some "Euro" trash" they would be correct, but I still like what I like.

To each his/her own. Some hate it, some love it. I still haven't saw Sepia in person so I may go from loving to hating
    the first time that I see the new car (hopefully in about 2-3 weeks).

Again, best of luck!

10. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey, this is just my .02 on the Sepia. Many love it. My original order was Jazz Blue and I was all set to get Sepia until I saw it. I just didn't like it. I also HATE how they outlined the floor mats in brown piping. WTF. Who wants to highlight a floormat.

I wanted Sublime but given I was going to daily drive I thought it was too loud. I ended up buying somebody elses cancelled order (thanks to this forum) and that's why I don't have Jazz Blue.... Sublime and Sepia is just gruesome in my eyes LOL.

To each his own. I hope you love the combination!

• Like Like x 1
  11. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Now you've got me worrying about my choice. I agree that sublime and sepia would be too much for me to take, I'm
    sure that some would love it, but not me. I also think that the floor mats are stupid! Who in the world came up with that and said "oh yeah, I love it, let's build em like that" ?????:confused:

Cure for the floor mats....weather tech!

12. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You will be fine. The combo you have works. I just personally find Sepia too orange.

In the end what really matters is under the hood. All the other stuff is irrelevant!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. BLK_MAGIC

BLK_MAGIC VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    gotjunk now that you had some rest. What color did you dream about and decided?

14. gotjunk

gotjunk Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ha...no sleep here. Actually, just landing in Singapore - but I digress. I'm probably gonna go with Sb31767's recommendation and go with the granite/sepia as it sounds like he has excellent taste in cars!

Now, if I could only get that sunroof option....

15. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Get the Granite. My husband's 2015 RAM is Granite Crystal, and it is still super sparkly, even when dirty ... and it is not that hard to keep clean at all. Try having a black or Jazz Blue HC ... THOSE are hard to keep clean colors.

And, personal preference, but I detest the Sepia. I liked it in pictures, then saw it in person ... hideous shade of orange, and the plastic sections on the doors that are Sepia are CHEAP looking ... simply horrible. Ditch the sepia while you still can!

April