Installing Charger Rock Guards

Discussion in 'ZL1 Addons' started by MattG, Feb 29, 2016.

1. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Installing ZL1 Charger rock guards was pretty straight forward to install.

I removed the tires to clean the rims so I can put a red stripe on them. So while off the car

I decided to install the flaps while I had more room to do so.

Clean off the inside wheel well where the guards will be installed. Never have to go there again once they’re installed.

You need to pull out some plastic plugs to install the guards, if you use a small straight screw driver it is very easy. Find the plug you need and you will notice that there is a small open “cut” that you can insert the screwdriver into to pop the rivet.

Rears before install 3b.jpg

Don’t be too hard on it since it only comes out a quarter inch or so. Then using your fingers you can pull it out the rest of the way with the other part coming out with it.

Rears before install 4.jpg

Get the tape on the back of the guards ready for the install by pulling up enough to make it passed the edge of the rock guard. I used one plastic plug on the bottom first to start the install.
    Rears before install 5.jpg Rears install 6b.jpg

Then do the upper one. Once that is done you can pull off the tape and press the guard against the wheel well.

Rears install 8b.jpg Rears install 9b.jpg

This is done. Easy? I think so.

When I did the front ones I noticed that the bottom panel under the doors was poorly fit and was loose. After doing the fronts it is now solid and you can’t move it.

IMG_1859 b.jpg after install fronts 2.jpg

Same procedure as the rears clean off the area and pull the tape. Install and press onto the wheel well. Your Done.

I am happy the way it looks, and does not take away from the look of the car. You don’t have a lot of clearance under the car so these fit very nice.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I did this post because i keep reading that there are no guards for the Charger. And it was an easy install.
    The included instructions were not bad, i just added some pictures to aid in the understanding of what to do.

Matt

3. 16SRT

16SRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Cool. Ordered a pair of these yesterday, for my new Charger, so I'm glad you posted this. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I installed last summer on my 2015 Charger HC. My only issue is even with cleaning and prep the 3m tape didn't hold well. At last check, I had two that were lose and needed to be taken off and new tape added.

Daily Driver so they have seen a little of everything in summer to winter temps.