Insurance comment

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Bubba871, May 5, 2016.

1. Bubba871

Bubba871 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So I had my Cat insured with USAA and in my zip code they were hitting me with $1,605 per year for 300/500/100 coverage. I put about 1,500 miles a year on my "fun" car and have my Tundra for daily driving. So I read on this board about some of the options and checked most of them out. First I checked with Haggerty. $1,500 year! Not much savings. Then I checked AAA, Geico, Liberty Mutual, Farmers, State Farm, Progressive and Allstate. They were all the same or higher. Finally checked Grundy. $900 year, unlimited mileage! Thats a 43% savings! I also read about all the misinformation on Grundy how they dont cover the car overnight if you travel and you can only go to car shows and cant go to the bank or the store etc. FYI that is nonsense. I spoke with their senior rep and all of that information is false. They simply do not want you using the car as a daily driver. If you have to go pick up the kid at school because your daily driver is in the shop, that is fine. Doing it everyday is not ok. How would they know? I expect by the milage you put on the car each year would be the dead giveaway. If you are doing 7,500 miles a year they will probably cancel you but I am just guessing. They want you to enjoy the car and drive it on weekends or to shows or what ever. Now when I get the actual policy I will read the fine print and verify what I was told on the phone but so far it looks good.

• Useful Useful x 4
  2. bam bam

bam bam Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    the way I understand Grundy is no racing if you are caught racing no coverage if something happens

3. Bubba871

Bubba871 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is correct. Fortunately the track near me offers a one day racing policy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just switched to Grundy as well. My premium went from $2400 a year at GEICO to $870 a year at Grundy.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Slowpoke387

Slowpoke387 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Id be curious to know what they consider acceptable annual mileage to be

6. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I pay 4200 a year 1mil/1mil w/500 Deduc for a new HC, new Porsche, new Camaro (18 year old daughter) with GIECO. I cannot afford to find out if some off name brand will step up when its time, I'm ok paying a little more for the piece of mind.

7. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Insurance is awfully high these days...especially when they run the VIN and find out their Hellcats. Mine's not too bad, but it's not a daily drive and I have the deductibles set pretty high. Just want the insurance in the case of a total loss.

8. Sepipr21

Sepipr21 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1500 hundred...Includes trips to Mexico and unilimited milage.

9. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Veteran. Atta boy.

10. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I went in and looked, and mine is 1000.00 a year. For reference I am 42 and live in florida. Honestly though I traded out of a Chevy SS and my insurance went up maybe 10$...make sense of that?!?! Also, no tickets.

11. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great information and great post. The pleasure policy on my hellcat through an insurance company is only $900 a year.

12. cleankat

cleankat SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Man, some expensive rates. For my HC and my wife's IS350 I pay around 1400 a year, total .

13. Jettster

Jettster Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am with Geico and coming out of a 2010 SRT8 Challenger went from $1000 a year to $1600 for the car on a multi car policy-I told them I drive my FJ Cruiser the most-it didn't come up as a Hellcat just Challenger-rep said higher cost to repair than the 2010 due to the new tech features such as backup camera and blindspot mirrors etc...100/500 comp/collision thinking about raising to 1000 but would only save about $150.

14. SRT MANG

SRT MANG Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It simply depends on where you live and how much you're asking them to cover. If you live in NY or NJ it's going to be high no matter what. Take the same circumstances and the person lives in Central PA and they probably pay less than half for the same exact coverage that the person in NY or NJ are paying. Location and credit score are becoming a bigger factor in determining auto insurance rates rather than just the car that you drive.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Comparing rates from person to person on a forum is pointless. Location is such a huge factor in the process. Now talking to people in your area is wise as it removes the location factor from the equation... And location is more than what state you live in, is really about what county in that state

And.... SRT MANG beat me to it lol