Interest in Charger HC waning?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by DrumHellCat, Aug 15, 2015.

1. DrumHellCat

DrumHellCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought my Challenger HC on August 3. As of that date there were 22 Charger Hellcats for sale on the local classified pages in Alberta. Some are new, some used ranging in price from $75k-99k CDN ($59k-78kUSD). When I found my car for sale on a lot at an Edmonton area dealer, it was only one of 2 Challengers available in Western Canada (the other was the Black one claimed to be the first HC built for all markets for sale at $150k). The dealer I bought from had a pitch black Charger HC for sale in the same ad as mine (no price listed, just options with a 'please contact for pricing' msg). I spoke with my dealer again yesterday (Aug 14) and said he has had zero calls on it and they have no one in line for a Charger Hellcat at their dealership (I did pay an ADM of $4k but didn't know there was one until I called). He said they have a long list of buyers waiting for a 2016 Challenger HC. He was surprised that with the 2016 HC order banks now open in Canada they have seen little to no interest in the Charger HC. My original dealer (that I had ordered with) in Calgary also said they have had zero orders for the 2016 Charger HC so far. Is this just an anomaly or has anyone else seen this?

2. hellcat16

hellcat16 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No way I would buy a Charger but that's just me. I'm sure there are people that want them but not near as much as the challenger. Imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In my mind the Challenger look was 80 percent of my desire. With all due respect to the awesomeness of the HC Charger, I would have chosen a Scat or SRT before the Charger HC.
    And I dont think im alone in that opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Can you explain why don't don't feel the same way about the Challenger Scat or SRT?

My thought was that the Charger HC is the fastest and quickest production sedan. The Challenger cannot claim its comparable superlative.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. tsubahog

tsubahog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I never could get my head around a four door Hellcat - "put the kids in the back honey, we are going drag racing"

Then I saw a black Hellcat Charger and was blown away. Gorgeous.

Then I saw a Sublime Hellcat Challenger and a very attractive young lady driver reached into the back and took her brand new baby out of its seat.

So now I"m just confused!!

• Funny Funny x 7
  6. hellcat16

hellcat16 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can.... I don't care how fast the charger is ...I dont want 4 door sedan... I think alot of people feel the same way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 9jaesthete

9jaesthete Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Not me. I affirmatively don't want the Chally, I want the Charger. A substantial reason is I have 3 kids under the age of 10. But I also just love sports sedans - my last car was an E60 M5 (and I still miss that screaming v10). I would have bought the HC Charger but no inventory when I was looking. Now that I have the SRT 392, and love it, I will keep it for a few years. But I am definitely upgrading to the HC Charger after that.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought my car because of the feeling I get opening the garage seeing it and knowing it's mine. My decision to purchase was not based on being the highest HP, fastest, the best or anything like that. I love the retro look, have no need for four doors, and have other vehicles to take care of other needs.
    I chose the car first and then picked the options. Since I could afford the HC engine option, (close call) I went with it. It's damn cool to have it but it wasn't my primary decision. If it was totally about power and speed it would have been another brand.
    But I'm just a wannabe racer. And that's OK.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. hellcat16

hellcat16 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good deal... Guess thats why they make both.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nothing wrong about either. If you have a family but still want an awesome car the Charger is a no brainer. People have to fill their own prioritys.

11. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have no problem or doubts about someone preferring a 2-door over a 4-door, or the styling of the Challenger over the Charger.

What do do scratch my head about is having a choice of a Charger Hellcat, Scat, or SRT 392 (assuming you could afford any of them), that any red blooded male would chose anything but the Hellcat. Come on now!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LOL guess i can see where your confusion is but I won't help it any when I tell you I still miss my 09 R/T... :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Teo

Teo Judge Yooper

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Different Strokes for Different Folks! o_O:rolleyes:

The Charger IS 5 mph Faster!:cool: It truly holds 4 very comfortably! :D Excellent long distance cruiser with 120"WB vs 116".:cool::cool::cool: Aesthetically it is just as pleasing as the Challenger to more than just a few! :) It is VERY easy to get IN and OUT of with the shorter doors. :D:D:D:D

So ----- some buyers are LEFT handed and Some are RIGHT! :eek: They both GET the JOB done ---------- Extremely WELL! :D:D:D

And, is it Tomato or Tomahto?? Who really cares?? o_O It is truly a Personal choice of Each and Every buyer of BOTH these rides!:cool:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My feeling is that we are buying an engine. The car wrapped around it is inconsequential. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ive seen 20+ HC's now......not 1 charger

a 1/4 mile racer 4 door isnt that popular.....if they offered a M6 in it they would sell more