Intro and Age Of Hellcat Owner Members

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Blackdevil77, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Blackdevil77

Blackdevil77 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just curious as to the group of people we have on here. This is one of the friendliest car forums I've ever been apart of and I'm glad I stumbled upon it. Let's all say something about ourselves here! How old we are, what we do, and the cars we've owned!

I'll start…

My name is Mario, I'm 25 years old and I'm from Long Island, New York. I work full time for the Town of Hempstead Department of Highways as an equipment operator and truck driver. I'm a fan of ALL American cars and don't really have any brand loyalty. I just like what I like! I've owned 5 cars in my life so far, which is probably A LOT for a 25 year old. My first car was a mercury sable, not really worth mentioning. Second car was a Pontiac G8 GT, which I modded pretty extensively and I LOVED! Car after that was a cobalt for a while. Had to save some money. Then I got a Focus ST which was a nice little car, but not really my style. I traded that in for my current car, which is a 2014 Shelby GT500, which I also LOVE! Only thing I hate about it is I can't drive it nearly as much as I'd like to. Which is were the Charger Hellcat comes in.

Okay, your turn :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm 20, born and raised in westchester NY.I work IT for the City Of Yonkers. I started with a 98 Accord at 16, at 18 I got a 08' Challenger SRT8. The car was vandalized and totaled out so i ordered a Hellcat in billet silver january 5th, 2015. I bought a 08' charger SRT8 while i wait for my hellcat. The charger SRT8 will be my daily for the New York winters.

Always loved the challenger since they re-released it in 08' when i just got into high school. Now all i do is rock mopar.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  3. CasualObserver

CasualObserver Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Im 30, born and live in Northern IL. I have had mostly mustangs and Subarus in the past. Just got the challenger last week. So far too cold to do anything with it. I am waiting for it to warm up. I also have a 14 GTR and a 15 ML63 for a daily.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Blackdevil77

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice, glad I'm not the only youngen on here lol.

Here's a pic of my old G8. Don't hate me, I meant nothin by it, I swear! o_O

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  5. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I acutally like that plate aha, I'm moving V8MURICA over to my hellcat. I'm waiting for my SRTVENOM plates to come for my Charger SRT8

6. Blackdevil77

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That's a great plate, it would of worked for most of my cars!

Common guys n gals, I know there's a lot more of you on here. I don't think this section gets noticed much.

7. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Geez, when are we getting the NOT LIKE button???? LMAO! j/k...kinda...o_O

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    dude deserves balls of steel title for posting that here, i give him credit

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Blackdevil77

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was young and stupid, I'M SOWWY!!! :(

I'm glad I'm not still rolling around in that car with that plate with Hellcats roaming the streets. I would of had to move to another country and change my name.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My Hellcat is expected to arrive next month, a Phantom Black Pearl six-speed with black/red seats. I am, grudgingly, fifty years old (but have been told I'm very immature for my age, if that helps?) I've always been primarily a Chevy guy; I started my driving with a 1969 MGB GT, but progressed to V8 power in Novas, Vette, Monte Carlo, and currently there is a Stingray motor in my '23 T-Bucket, plus I have a 1972 Stingray coupe that's orange with a 4-speed and 350 in it. I've always bought used cars, exclusively, and always planned to continue that tradition, but this Hellcat Challenger was a game-changer, for me, simply HAD to have one, and really wanted one 'just like I like', not somebody else's favorite color or trans, etc, so I've been trying diligently to get one since the start of October. For the past 25 years, I have sold vintage comic-books and comic-art full-time, as my sole career. I loved comics as a child, and somehow never really outgrew it! I have two kids, both daughters, one is 15 and the other is 5 years old. Nobody in my family is into cars but me. For me, fast cars have always been like an obsession, along with rock n roll and fine chicks, just cannot get enough of any of 'em!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blackdevil77

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice! Much respect to you X-Men fiend, I hope I'm still as fun loving as you in the future! Congrats on the Hellcat, can't wait to see pics when you get it!

12. themarshall

themarshall Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have had" Mopes" since John Kennedy was in the White House. 63 Ply. Savoy Max Wedge, 67 GTX, 69 Dodge Dart "swinger" 340 4-gear 41Willys Cp. 426 Street Hemi still have that car, I could go on and on but time for my nap now. Did I say that? Nice to see the younger kids stepin-up. 68 years young. Ordered my Charger Hellcat Feb 29 ----

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Vinnerman

Vinnerman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hi, ordered a Charger Hellcat from a friend, small dealership, small town. Hoping he will be able to deliver the car someday, who knows. 1942 is birth year, yup, figure it out, will be 73 very soon. Built drag cars in the late 50's and 60's, built a 425 HP 409 SS show car and traveled with ISCA for a couple of years. 1959 Bonneville TRI power with std, transmission from the factory,,, traded it for a
    new 62 Super Duty Catalina, sold that. I was not too smart way back then, wish I had them both. Retired now, hoping I live long enough to see the Charger Hellcat, lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hi! My name is Caren. I'm 29ish...and live in Cincinnati with tsc. I'm an accounting manager for a transportation company here in the midwest. I'm originally from California and grew up in the Bay Area in an all Ford family. I stuck with that brand loyalty as long as I had to.

My first car was a 1982 Plymouth Champ that was a hand-me-down from a few other family members. When I got it, the damn thing was held together with duck tape and the hatchback had been bolted on after being rear-ended too many times (before I got it!). The speakers were falling out of the doors, and you couldn't roll down the back windows unless you had a screw driver. My friends also used to get stuck in the back seat because the doors sometimes chose to stop opening. I used to make the guys at school push me so I could pop the clutch and get it started if they wanted a ride home, lol.

After that my parents offered me a 1965 Mustang, which I had to give up when I moved to Ohio because it likely would have died somewhere around Nevada and we'd have been hitchhiking all the way to Cincinnati. When I moved here, I bought my first car which was a Honda Civic HX. I thought that rubberband transmission was the best thing since sliced bread! I eventually upgraded to a Ford F-150 SuperCrew in 2001, but gave that up when I fell in love with the Magnum in 2005. I had that silver RT until 2010 when I moved on up again and purchased the Challenger SRT8 that I'm still driving today. My husband (tsc on the forums) had one too. He traded his in in December for the Hellcat Challenger.

Hopefully in a month or so mine will be traded in for my Hellcat Charger in B5, and then we'll be an all Hellcat family. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Blackdevil77

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Very nice, hope your friend can get a Hellcat for you soon! Almost everybody I've talked to that was around for the 60's sold a car or two that they regret selling. There was no way to tell back then that they would either be valuable or extremely missed this far into the future. That's another reason why I'm hesitant on trading my 2014 Shelby GT500.

Isn't progress wonderful? Each car you've owned was significantly better than the last, or at least significantly different. Problem is, now that your on to a Hellcat, where the hell do you go from here??? lol, That's awesome, husband and wife, with over 1,400 horsepower between the two of them!

• Like Like x 2