Is a Catch Can with internal baffles better?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by rollieman, Dec 8, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is it best to select a catch can that incorporates an internal baffle collection system over a plain can style?

Thank you!

2. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This question is already out there in a number of threads...a quick search will turn up all sorts of answers

Catch cans are a user decision as there are more opinions out there about them than there are users as the vendors have their opionions too!

3. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's exactly what I found after an lengthy search the opinions were all over the map !
    Sometimes the opinions/feedback found in past threads are dated, I guess I was hoping for anything new.
    Opinions not withstanding wouldn't it simply boil down to which style collects more oil ? Obviously catch cans on Hellcat engines are relatively new; but they've been around for long time on other applications. Even when I did a generic web search I found the same thing which was inconclusive!
    Most likely the answerer is they both do a good job of minimizing oil getting into the intake system. Thank you !