Is CD important, and does Hellcat stereo have 18 speakers PLUS the sub's?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by X-Men Fiend, Nov 30, 2014.

?

DO YOU INTEND TO ADD A CD PLAYER OR CHANGER TO YOUR HELLCAT?

Poll closed Dec 14, 2014.
  1. NO, the factory system with uconnet, bluetooth and sirius is plenty.

87.5%
  2. YES, I like to be able to play compact discs and will get a CD player added to my car.

12.5%
  1. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know this is trivial, but I remain very curious and the dealers seem to know WAY LESS about Hellcats than the average person on this site, does the stereo system have 18 speakers inside the passenger compartment AND the two subwoofers in the trunk with the amplifier? OR, perhaps there are 'just' 16 regular speakers, and when you add the 2 subs that totals 18? I have heard the system, and it sounds INCREDIBLE! So, it doesn't really matter, what the answer is, as it's the fidelity that counts. But, weirdos like me want to know EVERYTHING about this incredible vehicle! I also want to know if I'm the only one that's dismayed that the Hellcats don't have a CD player. I have a massive array of compact discs, and have never embraced the newer tech, so I have no smart phone or ipod or mp3 player, etc, and am so accustomed to just popping in whatever disc I wanna hear, so it's crucial, for me, to get a CD player installed, --am I the only 'fossil' that feels this way?!?

2. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have the HK in my 13 charger SRT and I personally find that my songs from iTunes played through bluetooth sound better than my very few CDs.

If you are not techno smart, the easiest way for you would be to put your songs from your CD onto an SD card

3. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    THANKS for the response. I had thought the exact opposite, I'm so antiquated I just assumed the CD had the highest fidelity, and that Bluetooth would be more like a radio, not quite as crystal-clear as a compact disc, but it sounds like I'm mistaken! I've never used a SD card or tablet or Bluetooth and such, but I have a teen daughter that uses modern stuff, so I bet she'd be able to set me up, (if I offer her a bribe of some kind, teens don't like to do anything for 'free' it seems!)

4. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Invest the time to embrace the technology. The money you spend on a CD player can be used for a new phone. You can connect wirelessly to the uconnect to as many as a hundred cd's stored on your phone. Where you going to put a hundred CD's in that car? BTW, I am 55, age no excuse.

5. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I guess you are right. My old flip phone gets chuckles whenever anybody sees it. I've never even sent a single text message in my life. Yep, I am resistant to change. I am 50 years old, and have over a thousand CD's. I usually just grab a handful, before a drive, and then switch among them. But, a man cannot stay in the 20th century forever, so I will grudgingly 'evolve', and get a device of some kind to hold my tracks!

6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Somebody please tell me the stereo in the Hellcat is much better than our 2012 Challenger SRT8.
    Only thing in the car we were disappointed in.

7. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did you have a radio upgrade in the 12?

8. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm all itunes and if there isn't enough bass I have two separate dual 12" ported subwoofer boxes I can get installed in the trunk.

9. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Plenty of bass, I too have never had a car without a CD player and I really liked the hard drive in my V. But I do have a smart phone and have about 100 songs on it and it works great with the Bluetooth! Plus the Pandora is probably awesome and something I need to start using.

10. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    What I noticed with the HK through bluetooth is that it must be high quality music like Itunes, anything I downloaded for free sounds absolutely horrible. So I pay for my songs now

11. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pandora is awesome...will introduce you to new artists you've never heard of. As for migrating your huge CD collection...convert them to MP3's (320kbps) and put them on a 64Gb flash drive, this stereo has a USB input. I know my iPhone 6+ is a 64Gb and I have over 2200 songs on it and my music only takes up 1/4 of that space. I've had a USB input on my last two sound systems and it's SO much more flexible and usable than CD's.

12. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here is the link to the system. Everything you need to know. Btw, I never use my CD player. I choose my fav songs and add to my iPod
    Harman Kardon Dodge

13. Bane

Bane Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have the 18-speaker HK system in my '12 SRT8 and think it's pretty great. But then again, I'm half deaf from my 20 years in the Marine Corps.

• Like Like x 1
  14. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think I will be able to manage without the cd player. I have been burning songs on to a flash drive

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep the car has all the toys.
    the stereo sounds like crap, we tried to turn it different, different I phones, satellite radio everything. Just plain low grade. My son is the front man on a band so maybe we are just spoiled with live music. I really hope the Hellcat has a better system. On the up side the engine is great sounding ( on my 12)

• Like Like x 1