Is there a future for NHRA & NASCAR & IRL & F1

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Racing Forum' started by Speedman, Sep 20, 2015.

1. Speedman

Speedman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I’m watching NHRA at Charlotte NC.

One side of the grandstand has maybe 50% the other side has 10%

Then the best tuner and motor manufacture Allen Johnson pull his car and team out of competition.

At least Shawn got a ride with Don Shumacher Racing.

Terry McMillen called it quits on national TV today. The cost of oil downs and parts. (Just the cost of racing he can’t afford to race anymore) I’m done was his last words.

Watching the NASCAR race today. The race at Chicago land the stands not much better.

The Indy Racing league. It’s not what it used to be.

F1 racing OMG the race at Singapore today was unbelievable all the people. The race was a pole to pull win for Ferrari

So how do you feel about the future of the four sanction body’s?

2. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    NHRA has lost its way. The racers were also it's fans. I'd rather see "real" cars racing.

Go watch the Hot Rod Drag Week coverage on the Motortrend channel on Youtube. I'd watch something like that every week along with some Super Stock action. Real people, real cars. Also the other 1/8th mile shootout stuff out there is more interesting.

The current NHRA top fuel/funny car stuff should be exhibitions at this point. 1000' racing??

3. 559hellcat

559hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I watched the NHRA races all weekend too, it is disheartening to say the least. As a fan I am more than a little nervous about the future of a sport that I have loved all my life. It is just become too damned expensive to go racing and even to attend them for a family it is tough. I hope that things get better. I have grandsons now that are little but love cars and I really want to be able to take them to the drags when they get a little bit older like my Dad did with me and started this life long love affair with cars.