Is there a way to see what dealers the allocations have gone to?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Hemibuck, Jan 25, 2015.

1. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have seen the letter from SRT that tell us how they are choosing to allocations but for some of us that kind of info is not something we have access to. So my question is can we find out what dealers and are getting the allocations? I would be nice to know if the dealer you are working with has a chance. My dealer is still being tight lipped about it. My salesperson told me they have stopped taking deposits for orders for the Charger HC. But I'm not sure if I should take that as a good thing or a bad thing. Thanks for the help.

2. dodgeboy

dodgeboy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The info simply isn't available to the public. I'm not even sure there are many people on the inside that fully understand the process, or have access to the numbers.

In December, I called around to local dealers and asked them how many Challenger Hellcat allocations they got for the first two rounds, and how many cars they had delivered. Larger dealers got 4 or 5 for each round, and had already delivered some. Smaller dealers wouldn't give a straight answer, or got 1 or 2 allocations. This isn't an exact science, but I think your chances are better if you go with a dealer that was allocated more Challengers in the first two allocations. One that doesn't have a hellcat in the showroom with a ridiculous mark-up is a good sign, too, because having a hellcat on the lot for a long time can reduce the next allocation for that dealer.

Also, I'm not positive that the dealer knows how many allocations they got until they place orders and check the status. Maybe they do, but it's really hard to get that information out of them.

I ordered my Charger from a dealer that had 5 Challenger allocations for the first two rounds. I was #1 in line for a Charger at my dealer, and I had a VIN the day after the order was processed.

I don't claim to know anything more than the average joe about this process. I certainly don't have any inside information, other than what is available on this (and other) forum. My approach seemed to work for me. Once you get to D or D1 status, you know your order is allocated. Technically anything beyond BX has allocation, but I don't think I've heard of anyone's stopping at C status.

3. dodgeboy

dodgeboy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Also, I have some respect for a dealer that stops taking deposits for orders after a certain point. There is a dealer near me that has not yet been allocated ANY hellcats, and is asking for $5000 deposits. They are still willing to take your deposit today, even though they haven't had any orders allocated. If they haven't been allocated any hellcats yet, I seriously doubt there will be many (if any) that they deliver. They either aren't smart enough to realize that, or aren't honest enough to stop taking money. Either way, I'd prefer not to deal with a dealer like that.

4. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Isn't this the crux of the problem? Here we are a full 4 months plus into this process and there is still no foolproof way to expedite an order. Some of the dealers have figured it out but I am sure Chrysler would not approve of their methods if they really gave a damn. If I were getting into the game tomorrow, I still wouldn't know for sure which dealer to order from to increase my odds. Some may say the bigger dealers with more orders the first round, and that may be true. From my view it is purely speculation and a flawed system, punishing loyal customers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hellcat Allocations Clarified SRT Hellcat Forum

Above is the link to the letter.

Just call the dealership you are interested in purchasing from. Ask them if they have an available allocation to build the car. You can get specific with questions such as "How many allocations did your dealership receive for the month of January?".

If there is indication that they are not straightforward, find another dealership.

Another way is to go in to the dealership, find the person that inputs the order in the system and have them show you the DealerConnect screen that shows they have an allocation to build the order.

6. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My original dealer has begun doing that where they dont take any orders,without an allocation. They seem like good people, it's just they want 4K over MSRP, and won't budge

7. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the advice. My salesperson is newer but I've been dealing with them for over a decade. Just frustrating because no one really seems to know or won't tell. It's a car not the secrets to area 51!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Found out yesterday that my dealer received two allocations last month. So I moved up two spots!