Is there anything I need to know before ordering the car?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by OLD_GOAT, Jan 30, 2016.

1. OLD_GOAT

OLD_GOAT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Is there anything I need to know before ordering the car?

For example the Vette may have a squeaky roof and has a horrible blind spot behind the drivers side, the manual transmission in the Mustang which is the Getrag MT-82 has enemies from coast to coast. The Pontiac G8's had some interior trim that just kept breaking, etc.

Does any Challenger, most especially the Hellcat, have any quirks that I may need to know about? This is the kind of stuff I need to get here, because the dealer sure won't talk. :D I did read a thing or two about the driveshaft, however that may be a one time deal.

Any help is appreciated.

2. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Only thing I have seen on the threads Manual Transmission possible clutch issues. And do know my local dealer mechanic personally and has mentioned the same thing. And I personally have seen a manual Hellcat sitting at his shop for awhile.
    Other than that I have not had any issues and have the automatics. As far as the driveshaft it seems to be the hardcore drag strip group who switch over to drag tires. If she hooks up she will eventually twist the drive shaft. You personally will need to uograde the driveshaft. There are plenty of forums on this. Hope this helps.