Is This for Real?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Senderofan, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just received this email from, reportedly, Billet Technology.....I purchased two catch cans around the first week of January, 2016. They've been very decent to work with as far as my experience went. Took a little time but received everything. If this is a joke.....pretty sad deal...if not....it's still a pretty sad deal. Not many winners when you have a fight with the government.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good afternoon Everyone and thank you for your support. I want to address the current matters at hand. As we are all aware billettechnology.com was sezied by ICE in October 2015. As was the case then as is now we are still operating, still shipping, and still in business. Our landing page and emails have been the same since October 2015. We are still open Monday through Friday 5:00 A.M. (phones open at 6 A.M.) to 5:00 P.M EST. After 3:30 you may get voice mail please leave a clear and detailed message we always call you back.

No one has come to the building, and as was the case in October, the busines is operational, parts, are shipping, and we are fully staffed with the same great people as always. As it was in October, as it is now WE HAVE NOT SEEN A FORMAL COMPLAINT, nor have our lawyers. We are not lawyers, and as was the case in October as it is now we are well represented by Kevin Kulick and Judge Robert Rosenberg. Once we receive a complaint we can beging to present a defense to the allegations.

We cannot comment on this case any further.

Please be 100% assured your information is safe and secure here. As you saw from last October, and many of you are long time customers with us (10 plus years) no one is running off with your money and not shipping you parts.

All our policies are in place as they have been for many years here. The only payments that are instant are Paypal. If you are not comfortable with that in any way then please give us a call to help assist you. All credit cards are only preauthorized.

To ensure that everyone feels secure with their orders we are suspending the 30% deposit required to begin work if you used a credit card. You may see refunds going back on your credit cards over the past few days this is the reason why. When it comes to your hard earned money we want you to be 100% in the know, and only charge your credit card when the items ship. This is how we have done it since the day we started this brand 10 years ago. Our reputation when it comes to your money is spotless. Now you may see postings or comments that we can be slow on things we explain that very clearly on our webstite as to why that is the case.

We appreicate how everyone is feeling right now. Team BT has been with this community since day one. We may not be everyone's favorite, we have always made an effort to pay our sucess forward to the community and customers each and every day. This will continue.

We have commited to LX&Beyond for this year and We are Mopar in Dallas as well as the September RK Motors meet. There will be more.

Once again if anyone has any questions, concerns or comments please call us 561-582-6171 or email me directly to heidi@billettechnology.net. I will do all I can to assist you as will the fine staff on board here at Billet Tech. In the meantime please feel free to visit us online to www.billetttechnology.net and when you click shop you will be taken into the store side to shop.

In closing you all have been such a huge part of our lives, and those relationships matter, and will continue to matter long after we all have moved on from the cars of the businesses we are at.

[​IMG]
    custombilletstore.net
    714 South East Coast Street, Lake Worth, Florida 33460
    toll free phone: 1.866.747.1684 | email: info@billettechnology.net
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This is real and has been ongoing for a while.

They are still doing business and I have parts on order.

Robert

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ciphros

ciphros Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just placed an order with them today via phone, that I got from the .net address.

Funny note, they haven't updated links on some of the pages...so it sends you to a seized website page. :D

4. yurdaddy

yurdaddy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just received a shipment last Friday.

5. Senderofan

Senderofan Track in, Apex, Track out and Repeat! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry guys.....guess I missed this story when it originally went down. Thought it was weird for a company to be seized by the government and yet still be functioning as if nothing ever happened.

Glad they are still putting out the high quality parts we all enjoy. Hopefully they can clear their names.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hemi Rocket

Hemi Rocket Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ICE... Immigration & Customs Enforcement:eek:???... Why would they be after BT... unless they are selling Black Market parts? Doesn't make sense to me?

7. Senderofan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had thought perhaps they had employed undocumented workers........but ICE has raided very large food companies in these parts and they are still operating as usual. I can only assume the large corporations pay what ever penalties they are assessed and perhaps BT is too small....so they seize the company.....just speculation on my part. Just thought it is a weird deal.

8. Dr Hfuhruhurr

Dr Hfuhruhurr SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The company has not been seized, only the domains www.billettechnology.com and www.custombilletstore.com

The .net domains are still up and running.

Just a guess, but I suspect the seizure concerns non-licensed use of trademarked FCA symbols - like the Hellcat profile. When I do a Google image search for Billet Technology, I see lots of this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interesting...hope it all works out well for them. Have several of their products.

10. ArchGE

ArchGE VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Same government buffoonery as EPA, IRS etc. Is anyone really shocked by this? Hang in there BT you have great products and service.

11. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    BIG BROTHER. VOTE GUYS.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bandit

Bandit Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Vote what? Should we search out a candidate that likes Billet Tech?

I hate when people make statements like that in a non-political thread. "Vote for change!" Yeah, we tried that already...

13. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope the best for them. In my experience they've been a real class act.

14. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's nothing about big brother, It has to do that there has been claims that FCA has not been paid royalties in complete or have been lied to about the amount was owed. (Lied about total product sold with their trademarks).

Their .net site went down a few days ago because they still had Trademarks (Dodge logo etc) on their website. In the end, It sounds like their is disagreement on how much is owed over the trademarks, but this isn't just the government coming after them randomly. Their CEO came onto an FB Page and posted they have paid royalties but this case is on-going because of the amount of royalties owed. The trademarks are all now removed from their website.

Personally I ordered from them once, took about a month to get my product and it was annoying cause i was having blow-by issues putting too much oil into the intake manifold on one of my other SRT's. I won't order from them again for the length it takes, but the quality is good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. srtman

srtman Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is not big brother or govt overreach. BT has been producing products for a decade with tradearked and copyrighted on them. Profiting handsomely while not hAving any legal right or license to do so.
    Chrysler worked behind the scenes to get them to comply to no avail so eventually things rise to a level of feder legal involvement. No different than the feds busting those making fake logos Rolex or Gucci products. You cant use a trsdmerk without permission of paying royalties. Not only ethical but also the legal thing to do. You make a little less profit but you are a legitimate legal operation if you do it through the right channels. There has to be a mountain of evidence to get the feds involved. This is a bad place to be in for BT. But they are not the company they portray themselves to be. They stole from trademark holders and other vendots that do business the right way and it is catching up to them. Sad but true your decisions always catch up. They keep shifting their domains each time one gets seized. But that can only happen for so long before they physically shut the doors

• Useful Useful x 1