Is this the only one?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Bossharp, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Bossharp

Bossharp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My wife had a gig tonight and at the after gig celebration her base player Terry looked over at me and asked if I had heard of the Hellcat..as kind of a joke since I have been talking about them at rehearsals. Then he brought me his phone with a picture of the window sticker for a new Challenger Hellcat with his name on it! Black, 6 speed, roof, ect....MSRP was over $64,000.00...Bought at dealer invoice. I was stunned! The back story was his son is big in the Viper club here in Florida and the car is being shipped here from ,I think ,the oldest Dodge dealership in the USA ( near Chicago? ) Terry will pick it up on Tuesday. I can't wait! It's a little sad I'm so happy for him since it looks like me getting one is pushed back farther and farther away. We became friends when I had my SRT 10, he really liked my truck. I get to take a ride in it at the next rehearsal and I'll take pictures and get more details on the car then. I told him to use the black key till he had 500 miles on it as he said something to the effect that you could not hurt it ,over rev it till it went over that milage. I said that the computer in the car would not limit rpm's, top speed that he had to be careful to follow break-in procedure for the first 500. If it was only a auto I would love to drive it but cannot legally do it . (Loss of use L. arm) But I will for sure take a ride!

• Like Like x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Do you mean the only one at invoice? Was someone that is getting one for that on here a few days ago.

3. KLR CAT

KLR CAT Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got 1k over invoice, so pretty close...

4. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got mine at invoice and cash out the door.

5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ummm,, there haven't been one challenger sold with a sunroof,,, how is he getting it.......only one ever

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The sunroof option came off the list prior to the initial release of the 2015 Hellcat Challenger. It was suppose to become an option in fall of 2015. I guess he got lucky.

7. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If he gets a 2015 with a sunroof, he is lucky

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. ramair111

ramair111 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1K over for mine.

9. Hugh Jorgan

Hugh Jorgan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

And might one ask what the dealer invoice price be?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2015
  10. Bossharp

Bossharp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll see him this week and ask. I'm getting my Hellcat ride! After all my thinking/dreaming about the car I will finally see for myself. There is only one other vehicle that has captured my imagination like the Hellcat. It was the 2006 SRT 10. I looked for over a year to find one with a extended factory warranty and got lucky and blessed to get a Mineral Gray with all options. Dodge only made 295 gray quad cabs in 2006 so I was extremely lucky to find exactly what I wanted.But with the Hellcat I will take any color and options as long as it has a A8.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will be interested to see if he has the factory sunroof option on a MY15 car.

12. Bossharp

Bossharp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just talked to him and it doesn't have a sunroof...My mistake. I still have not seen it in person yet he drove his pickup to tonight's band meeting. I did ask him how he liked it and he told me it was 'scary' ....

13. Bossharp

Bossharp Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Seen it! But no ride. .. It still has only 28 miles and the guards on. I have to say I think it's really is worth the price. It has a MSRP of $63,980.00 with the Nav, optional leather and black paint. I was really surprised how nice and soft it was. Looks more tan than the pics show. ..not orange at all. When I walked into the hanger it was sitting by a 1964 Volkswagen bug that's a perfect original restored car. I mean PERFECT too. Down to every single part. I don't go to high end car shows but once in a while puts it in a enclosed trailer he shows it. He told me it was completely disassembled and only factory parts used. I could not help to compare the two as they on the completely opposite ends of automotive industry. One was as basic, low powered as you can get and the other was the most powerful and technological advanced as man can make. .