It is Home and almost all Broken-In

Discussion in 'Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat' started by onelio, Feb 24, 2015.

1. onelio

onelio Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Car looks great! Monkey wheels really help contrast.
    As you can see from the pictures, I took it immediately to my tire shop and mounted Pirelli Sottozero winter tires on it (they have amazing cold temperature traction).
    So, just to clear it up – 707 hp is NOT too much power. Feels just right. Good solid power delivery and availability. Not uncontrollable or hard to keep straight, even in winter conditions (assuming you are not a complete idiot of course!).
    Car feels very grown up. Substantial (heavy) and sizeable, but stable.
    Transmission works very well. In Sport and Race mode it gives a very nice positive kick when shifting manually. Gear ratios are about perfect. 4th gear is an excellent all around gear – can cruise along at almost any speed, but provides excellent acceleration when wanted. Third and lower are not so useful in below-zero conditions.
    Sound is excellent. Very muscle-car-like, but not objectionable. Almost too quiet inside. Need to open a crack in the back windows to fully appreciate it. Has one of the best sounding idling sounds I have heard in a long time.
    Love all the features in the car (especially the remote start that warms up the seats and steering wheel). Seats are very comfortable and supportive. (I have the Laguna Leather package).
    Sun roof is a must to brighten the interior a bit (otherwise it is very black in there!). I plan to buy a set of Lloyds mats in burgundy color to liven up the interior a bit.
    Surprisingly, there is a slight bit of lag on application of the accelerator. Not at all objectionable, and it gives a nice “coming on boost” feeling, but I was a bit surprised by it. Probably a good safety feature to avoid spinning out every time you step on the accelerator.
    Reminds me a bit of my 2003 Mercedes AMG E55 (the original supercharged “Beast”). (Many of you may remember that the Chrysler 300 and subsequently the Charger were built on a derivative of the Mercedes E class chassis of that era, since Chrysler and Mercedes were partners at that time.)
    All in all, very happy with the Cat! … especially given that it such an amazing value too!! (Some of my Euro-snob cars have more $ in options than this car costs in total! … and they still have way less features than this car!).
    IMG_2450.JPG IMG_2454.JPG IMG_2460.JPG

• Like Like x 13
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Hellcat83

Hellcat83 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Looks great! Congrats!

3. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Interesting that you mention some lag on the accelerator pedal.. that may be one of the things they changed on the Charger to make it more comfortable and less 'aggressive' than the Challenger. The Challenger certainly has no lag. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's gorgeous! Congrats!!!

5. Blackdevil77

Blackdevil77 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! I wish there wasn't snow everywhere! I wanna hear more about the POWA!!! I wish somebody around here had one, I'm dying to check one out in person to make my decision 100% definite about if I'm gonna trade up or not. I have a feeling once I see it in person and sit in one, I am.

Congrats again, and if you feel like it, feel free to post a crap ton more pictures. I certainly wouldn't mind :D

6. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That is a nice looking machine, congrats. The wheels look great, wish they were available for the Challengers.

7. Barry M Nimtz

Barry M Nimtz Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great info on the tires. From Wisconsin. thanks it's nice to know. Beautiful ride.

8. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They are, I think they've been available for order since some time in December. Dealer where our HC Charger is coming to also had a Sublime Hellcat Challenger come in with Brass Monkey wheels.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Seems I just missed them. My dealer knew I wanted them, we had them deleted to get the order to advance then he missed it when he got the allocation and could not change the order in time. That is ok, I am going to get aftermarket wheels anyway. Now I just want the car.

10. scoutermike

scoutermike Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Veeeery nice. Congrats.

11. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    DROOLING

12. TURNERZ

TURNERZ Rocket Science for the Road

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!! Looking forward to more pictures.

Enjoy your new awesome ride!!

Turnerz

13. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice review. Gorgeous.

A little disappointed about the lag. I hope its not too much. Was hoping to have none.

14. Profezzor X

Profezzor X Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    First post...

Congrats on the new ride. I'm looking forward to getting one by the end of the year, or spring of next year when the market adjustments die down. I just hope no one steals my license plate idea before then.

15. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sweet looking Charger! Looking awesome! Funny how the Chargers did not seem to take that long between ordering and actual delivery....at least initially anyway. Love the brass monkeys.