Ivory White Tri-Coat Pearl Challenger #3013 SOCAL

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by 1SickVeilsideZ, Jun 21, 2015.

1. 1SickVeilsideZ

1SickVeilsideZ Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys just wanted to formally introduce myself on here and share my brief adventure.

My name is Rick, located here in Southern CA, Inland Empire area. I've been a car enthusiast as far back as I can remember since everyone in my family are car guys.

I took delivery 5/18/2015 from L&L Motor Company in Roosevelt Utah. They are an outstanding dealership to work with, no BS, no games, I was in and out in less than 30 minutes. I worked my deal over the phone with them and everything was as agreed when I got there.

Prior to that I had made several calls all over the country and found a few good places and a few bad, but I was determined to get my hands on one at MSRP or better.

I got the call from my sales person Rory on a Friday evening saying the car had just been delivered and how soon I could get there to take delivery. Saturday morning I worked with my finance guy Tyler who was absolutely phenomenal and was able to match my credit unions rate. I'm a firm believer in a fair commission as we all have to make a living to support or families and or hobbies, so I had no problem getting my financing done through them.

I flew out of LAX on Sunday morning at 5AM and landed in beautiful Salt Lake City Utah. I then rented a car and drove 2 and a half hours to Roosevelt and stayed the night as they were closed on Sunday. Monday morning I was there at 8AM to sign paper work and take delivery which took all of 30 mins.

I then drove close to 14 hours straight home and about 800 miles crossing through Utah, Arizona, Nevada and back into Cali. It was something memorable that I will never forget as long as I live, it was so surreal.

The best part for me was when I arrived in Las Vegas I had just passed the 500 mile mark and to my left was the Las Vegas speedway where I've spent a lot of time with good friends and family. With a smile on my face I quickly down shifted and put the gas pedal to the floor to open her up after babying the car the whole way cruising at 60MPH. I was not disappointed with the raw power of this car.

The car came with the black satin hood, black satin wheels, engine block heater, black alcantara interior and navigation, summer performance tires.

Big plans ahead after 1 month of ownership. KW suspension already ordered, window tint next week and custom built wheels shortly after.

In any case, here are some pics of the car itself and I look forward to being part of the community.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. 1SickVeilsideZ

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here are some pics of my 70 mustang with a built 390, C6 trans, Dakota Digital gauges, custom built wheels wrapped in Nitto tires:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. 1SickVeilsideZ

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Here are some pics of my little sleeper daily driver 2010 Honda Fit. Sprintex supercharger, Wilwood big brake kit, custom interior, averages about 35+ mpg:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Billet Hellcat

Billet Hellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the New Cat looked just like mine before I lowered it and tinted the windows & markers , replaced the wheels & tires , driveshaft Sorry got carried away :D looking forward to seeing how yours comes out. Also cool stang & SC Honda

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello, and Grtz on the HellCat! Sounds like you had a terrific drive home! I hope you continue to enjoy!!

April

• Like Like x 1
  6. 1SickVeilsideZ

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you Billet! It was your pics that encouraged me to order the KW suspension! I love your car and setup! Can't wait to see what else you get done to the car, best part you're here in CA so I'm sure I'll see it in person soon.

Thank you April! Yes I most certainly did! It was an awesome first day of ownership to spend that much time behind the wheel and to break her in with 1 shot!

7. ljaviation

ljaviation Self proclaimed Banned, Because I can.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice rides!!! All of them.
    L J

• Like Like x 1
  8. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks good Rick. Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. 1SickVeilsideZ

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you LJ! I appreciate that! Like I had mentioned, I'm a true car enthusiast and have respect for every make and model and can appreciate the hard work people put into there rides to make them unique.

Hey Hank! Thanks for stopping by my thread! I finally had some time to share about this amazing car. Look forward to seeing you again buddy!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Supercharged_Fun

Supercharged_Fun Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Beautiful car Rick. I really like the Tri-coat color with satin black hood. Looks killer.
    Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1SickVeilsideZ

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you! I'm really lucky to have been able to pick this car up.

UPDATE 6/30/2015:

Just had the clear bra done by my good friend Victor at Invisible Edge out of Riverside CA and I feel much better about driving the car around now knowing that it's protected from rock chips.

He did the whole front end including bumper, rear view mirrors, door cups and fenders. We were going to do the hood, but because of the finish we need to figure something out so it doesn't look funny.

For anyone considering doing the clear bra protection in SoCal I highly recommended Victor as he's been doing it for years and he can also drive out to you as he's mobile.

I still need to get the damn passenger side rear turn signal taken care of, my work schedule always has me running around so I haven't had a chance to get back to the dealer to figure out why it went out prematurely.

KW lowering kit has also arrived and will be going on once I receive the rest of my suspension pieces. Window tint appointment next week and then on to ordering my custom built wheels.

Enjoying the car very much and can't wait to dive into the performance upgrades of it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't know if this helps but hope so. I've had many cars with regular Xpel and it's great stuff. Have never seen this matte film on a car but check with your guy, Victor. Perhaps he's familiar with it and it could be a solution for the folks who scored a satin hood and want protection with the right look. Please give an update after you check with Victor.

Matte Paint Protection Film - XPEL Stealth Protection Film

13. 1SickVeilsideZ

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Been a while since I've been able to update since the work schedule has me tied up 7 days a week. The window tint has been done and came out rather nice.

KW suspension has been in for a while now (no time to install), SPC camber arms are in, possibly going to order some Razors Edge stuff here shortly.

As mentioned in my previous post, my order has been placed for custom built wheels. They are currently under final assembly and below is a teaser pic of the test fit:
    image.jpeg

The rear will be a 20X11 and after the test fit we decided to push the face in another half inch to maximize the outer lip size. Tire size will be a 315, tire brand to be determined. Fronts will be a 20X10.

I will post the offsets once the wheels are assembled and everything is finalized for those that are interested.

Can't wait to start on some performance mods.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Billet Hellcat

Billet Hellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Awesome!! The wheels are looking sick can't wait to see it lowered and complete. What are your plans ? Car shows or Drag / Road racing ?

15. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, don't know how I missed welcoming you, so belated welcome, there are a lot of us So. Cal cats out here, we had quite a gathering of HellCats awhile ago at aFe out in Corona. Yours is looking sharp.