Jacking up or Jack stands or Ramps

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by solo7777, Jan 20, 2015.

1. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Since I wish to do my own oil changes, and I'm not blessed with a lifter and large garage, I was wondering what the gear heads think is the better way to lift the cat up for oil changes. Jacking up, Jack stands or ramps. I'm thinking that maybe ramps would be the safest. I know all about jacking up, blocking the car, etc. But the ramp seems easier, although with the low clearance of the cat, might be a bit challenging. Does anybody have a good recommendation for ramps?

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ramps are only good IF the drain plug is at the rear of the pan on backside like any "B and RB" engines (383, 400, 413, 426,440) and I don't know where it is because my car ain't built yet:(

3. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i dont think the front splitter will clear ramps.. there is another thread abou this.. same lift points as last yeari think the front has a hole you line up on in the frame and the rear has a rubber bumper poking down from frame you line up on.. or vise versa

4. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is my fear too about the splitter...I might just have to get a racing jack, and use either jack stands or wood blocks.

5. VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you have traditional rhino ramps, you *might* be able to use a length of wodden boards to "climb" the front wheels up to reduce the chance of scraping the front splitter. I have done it with a lowered corvette, but do not know if it is applicable here.

*NOTE* I have not tried this yet, and it is most certainly a one driver/one spotter operation the first time.