Jeep Grand Cherokee Hellcat?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MoparProud, Dec 14, 2014.

1. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So, who wants a Jeep Hellcat? The folks on the Jeep SRT forums seem split. Their main argument is cost, but these are also guys that have already put $7k aftermarket blowers on and built transmissions...

There's rumors that maybe the Trackhawk name will be a Hellcat powered Jeep SRT.

I'd get one. Think about it, even if it wasn't the full 707hp, but easily 650+, with AWD. I want this to happen so so SO bad. What a rush that would be!

• Like Like x 1
  2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i think it will happen at some point....same with the 300......why not?

once sales dies down on the Challenger/Charger in 16/17

3. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They already said no on the 300, Only people on the otherside of the pond will get a 300srt, The sales for the us was very very low for the 300 srt...So they soid no as of now.. But a loaded jeep srt is like 75K, and another 14k for the hellcat and your looking at 90K for a jeep, that's a lot of cash

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've seen no official word that the 300 won't have the 6.4, a lot of rumors but look at Durango as a perfect example of rumors being wrong.

I think Jeep Hellcat happens, likely next year. I just don't see a reason not to.

5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They came out and said it a few months ago that there would be no srt 300, the don't sell enough in the us to justify building it...the jeeps a different story,, That would be one costly jeep, but how would the awd system hold up to all that power

6. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At this point it's all a name play: no 300 SRT but there has been nothing I've seen ever from Chrysler that the 6.4 is dead in the 300. It's just hard to know what they are going to do. I don't personally believe the 6.4 is done in the 300.

The Jeep would certainly be costly, but it's costly as-is, and it's the best selling SRT vehicle ever. I think there will be folks willing to pay a premium for a factory supercharged Jeep with a warranty. The t-case won't be a big hinderance I don't think, if the trans can hold with the additional weight and traction of the AWD, the t-case will be fine.

7. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm sure all of our questions will be answered come next year..

8. GottaHaveaCat

GottaHaveaCat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Look at Mr. Patience now that hes got a cat in the driveway... LOL ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Michael

Michael Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    From what my sources tell me, there will be a Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Hellcat. I was told that ALL vehicles getting the Hellcat Hemi will be called a Hellcat. The other vehicle that was seen testing with the Hellcat Hemi was a four-door Ram pickup.

Now, the rumor is that this was a test mule, and while Chrysler/FCA officials have not said they are building one, they also have not said they aren't. The comment was basically saying that people aren't ready "yet"... implying it still may come. Why else would they be testing a truck with the supercharged engine?

Finally, another source shared with me that they are ramped up to produce about 15,000 Hellcat Hemi engines in the coming year or so, meaning they plan to produce quite a few. As Tim Kuniskis has said about the limited Hellcat production rumors, "I don't know where that came from".

Hellcat Production Ramped Up Expect 707HP Grand Cherokee And Truck - Street Legal TV

10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A grand Cherokee hellcat will be a very very good seller

11. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't see it happening. Mine is loaded with every option except the sepia which looks horrible in them with the carbon fiber imo anyway and msrp was 76k I believe. By the time tax and title it was over 80k.

Plus not enough room under the hood.

image.jpg

12. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It would be very easy for them to change the hood,,,, but what about the drivetrain,, can awd handle that kind of power,, plus,,I bet it would be over 90 grand,, that's allot for grand Cherokee...is it worth that much,,I thought at 65 I was all in on the hellcat..

13. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Has nothing to do with the hood it's the room under the hood in the bay. I suppose if they really want to they could. The torque flight tranny, the adjustable suspension, hell even the steering wheel actually came from the 14 SRT GC.. the AWD if designed for it would deff take the power and would probably destroy a hellcat challenger and charger because of the AWD. It would deff be over 90k msrp. As far as the SRT GC goes it is a COMPLETLEY different animal than the rest of the GC line. COMPLETLEY. that's why it has such a heft price tag. The headlights alone with the led bumper strips are like 5k alone.

Comparing SRT GC pricing and a hellcat pricing and the actual car to a newer SRT GC is like comparing apples and oranges. I love my cat however the plushness of my SRT GC destroys the catS hands down. Blu Ray players in the back - factory, alacantra headliner, leather dash with stitching, REAL CARBON FIBER THROUGHOUT, the sound system just kills the hellcat Harmon kardon system, I can go on for miles.

Well worth the price and if they do make a hellcat SRT GC I'm all over it for 95k+ ur in cayenne turbo territory and at least it would be American muscle.....

All wrapped up in an almost 3 ton grocery getter that does the quarter in mid to high 12's...

Like I said I love love love my cat but the newer 14-15 SRT GC is its own beast itself...
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The only thing I know is the Jeep isn't low enough for handling in case of turns at high hellcat power speed curves, that's my only concern

15. AZ HELLCAT

AZ HELLCAT Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Most of us SRT GC guys lower them just for that reason. I'm sure SRT engineering would bring it down more if they designed a HC GC just like the HC Challenger is lower than the base SRT cHallenger. Especially AWD. I can drive in the middle of an az monsoon rain at 125 like a knife thru hot butter......

image.jpg

• Like Like x 1