SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Hellcat 2016 Export to South Africa

7K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Johnny 
#1 ·
Hi all. I'm from Cape Town South Africa and own a Grand Cherokee SRT 2012. I'm ecstatic and sooooo happy to see that Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 will also get a Hellcat version in 2016....I would really appreciate if it can be confirmed that a few of these will find their way to SA's shores..... And of course one to my driveway...))

#2 ·
Doubt the Hellcat Jeep GC will be a MY2016 release, sorry.

#5 ·
Buy a Hellcat Charger or Challenger. The Jeep Hellcat will never happen.

#7 ·
It was a concept. Just like plenty of concepts in the auto industry that never make it to market

Reactions: Red Harley
#10 ·
Why are you posting that? How come people don't understand, THERE IS NOTHING CONFIRMED!!

There is no confirmed track numbers. One article by Hot Rod (think is who posted the click bait) does not make it fact. Come on....internet rule #1, always be skeptical of what you read, especially from media sources.

Reactions: Red Harley
#12 ·
Article from Car and Driver, with a link to an article from Automotive News. The AN article referenced interviews from the annual dealer meeting in Las Vegas. I have no one "in my pocket", but Allpar has posted confirmation, as well as RS on this site. (By the way, Allpar accurately predicted the Hellcat before anyone else). It will not be in 2016, but currently scheduled for late 2017 as a 2018, if Hellcats are still in production. I agree not to post on click bait, but also believe no one dealer has any more "pull" or access to cars than others. My little dealer got 3 out of 4 Hellcats delivered. 75% Not bad for a non-SRT Dealer (which no longer exist officially, by the way). I am just providing information that has some basis in controlled rumors. I stand ready to retract all I have posted, if you are speaking from your official position as FCA management or supplier with inside information. There is no reason FCA won't try to execute the Project "J", as it is another potential segment leading money maker.

#11 ·
I can speak from a SRT enthusiast
I have owned 3 SRT Jeeps.
I have 2 Viper SRT dealers in my pocket.
Remember these guys get first choice Anything SRT Period !!!
They are not making a 2016 Hellcat Jeep SRT.

#17 ·
#14 ·
But again, there is zero confirmation from Chrysler. None.

Yes, we all knew about the supercharged Hemi at least 3 years before it was first shown as a pic in the lower right hand corner of a slide in the 5 year plan, and then it was officially revealed, although without any power numbers. But we knew there was a commitment to production.

That is lacking in the case of the Jeep. Yeah it's coming, I have zero doubt, but there has been no confirmation/commitment to production from Chrysler. Show me a press release with FCA and Jeep letterhead talking about the upcoming MYwhatever Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (or Barney, whatever they choose to call it). I won't hold my breathe because I'll be long-dead by the time it comes out and will miss experiencing such a beast via YouTube vids.

Confirmation from suppliers, or FCA sources, or whatever means very little. All it does is affirm they have worked on it, have tested, there are mules out there. They could very well decide "you know, the business case just isn't there" and pull the plug. Hell, go back to the '60's and look at the Chrysler Turbine, think they had 70 or so out in public hands, I believe people just KNEW it would be produced. Good luck getting one today, unless you're Jay Leno it ain't happening. There are TONS of things getting worked on, suppliers and corporate insiders assure it's coming, and it doesn't. I'll hit a more recent one; everybody KNEW the Ram 1500 would have a 5.0L Cummins V8 diesel circa-'09 roughly, they even had belt routing instructions on core supports of production trucks on lots for a 5.0L V8. Well you can't find one of those either.

Until it's released, it's purely speculation. I'm sorry, all the internet articles in the world, and all the confirmations from suppliers or insiders, amounts to a hill of beans right now. They could wake up Monday morning and pull the plug and put development resources into something else.

#15 ·
I completely understand that most of you have bought Vipers, HellCats, etc and have dealership's in your "Back Pocket" but we were actually THERE. You can purchase as many SRT products as you'd like, you still aren't employed by FCA. I am. It was confirmed by FCA themselves to US, you can say what you want but the Jeep will be coming out.

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks RS
Some of our friends are waiting
for this reliable Information !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.