Joining the ranks...

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by LongbowDriver, May 14, 2015.

1. LongbowDriver

LongbowDriver Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Greetings, comrades - after a few months of lurking, I figured it was time to account up and say hello.

Pretty much decided to pull the trigger on a Challenger 'cat. I'm getting the distinct impression that this only going to happen for me in a 2016 model at this point in time - especially if I'm looking for an A8 (and I am). Which is fine, since I'll be out of town until January of '16 anyhow.

The trick, it seems, will be slotting a legitimate order into the system and having a build done by then. I look forward to learning whatever I can here - many thanks for allowing me to camp out and gather information!

V/R,

~LD

• Like Like x 3
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome. Do you have a dealer that will sell for MSRP?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LBD...welcome to the forum...officially out of the shadows...lol . Ordering opens 8/25 for 2016's....scheduled to anyway. If you place an order on that day unfortunately there is no guarantee that it will be built soon...reference folks who who ordered 9/9/14 and still catless. If you can find a dealer who is at MSRP or comfortably close and place the order on 8/25, I'd say there is a decent chance you'll get it early 2016. Really depends on the dealer, how many in line before you and their probability in getting allocations. Stay in touch.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TURNERZ

TURNERZ Rocket Science for the Road

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome LBD, nice to have a fellow aviator in the crowd. I too am out of town for the next year but have been on leave in the states talking to several dealerships about 2016 ordering. I have one dealer selling MSRP for a charger that I would be 4 on his list. I have a few more to check out then make my descision.

Good luck and enjoy the forum!

Turnerz

• Like Like x 1
  5. LongbowDriver

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen. These forums seem like a rare island of sanity in the sea of furious car flame wars that inhabit the Internet.

B5 Blue and Snappycat, no dealer staked out yet, though I have two main options to consider. The first is looking around the U.S., preferably one of the low-tax locales (Kentucky and Tennessee are local, though I'll road trip to or from anywhere) to find an honest dealer with an ethical business.

The second option is ordering from my current location via Military Autosource, which seems (emphasis on seems) like a fantastic opportunity; their printed material suggests they can place build orders for rare / exclusive Dodge vehicles at invoice price for deployed servicemembers and their advertising spread features the Hellcat twins and a Viper, so I plan to visit the local rep at his office this week to ask about ordering on 8/25 and get a feel for his knowledge and sincerity. If they're not just BSing in their brochure, I might be in luck.

TURNERZ - likewise, brother; I see that I was correct in assuming these cars were going to be a big hit with terrain flight types. Hoping you find the hookup for your Charger!

• Like Like x 1
  6. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If you need a MSRP dealer let me know it's in Michigan

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and good luck with your search! There are several fixed-wing drivers here, but you are the first rotor-head I'm aware of. I have a friend (WO) who is a -58 driver.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LongbowDriver

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks much, B5. I hope to have a better sense of my options in the near future; will certainly let you know if it's time to launch a dealer quest.

F6F-3, it's good to be in good company! I feel for your Kiowa buddy, though - that community is going through hell as the aircraft gets retired, with a lot of good pilots uncertain of their future. Transitions to other aircraft or a different MOS are by no means guaranteed, and some solid dudes got thrown to the wolves during the process...

9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome, There should be plenty of dealers who will hook you up for MSRP, maybe even one shows up someplace with what you are looking for.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    LBD,

Thanks for your service and your sacrifices...hope your treasure hunt is successful and timely. When planting your boots on the deck, keep your backside low, when airborne, check six and God Speed! Welcome to the forum...

• Like Like x 1
  11. TURNERZ

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    LBD,

I already looked at the military auto source and they had no allocations this model year. Hopefully they will have some for 2016. I also looked into the diplomatic version (I qualify) they couldn't get one either. I was looking to take delivery at my duty station to pay zero in taxes.

If you hear any different please let me know as it could be a better deal for me as well.

Alabama has about 3-3.25% tax. I went to Dothan Dodge and the best they will ever do is "2,400 OVER" MSRP for MY2016.

I'm a rotary (UH-60) and fixed wing (C-12) guru!

Yeah yeah, I know I like to hold hands when I fly.

Turnerz

• Like Like x 1
  12. LongbowDriver

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    70Cuda, BIG DAWG, many mahalos - I'm learning a fantastic amount here.

TURNERZ - I take it you've got some persistent ties to Mother Rucker? I had a bad experience at Dothan Dodge about four years ago, general sleaze-type misrepresentation. Tim Whitehead in Enterprise was actually worse, though - left that place astounded by their general dishonesty.

Check your PMs, though - I did receive a very interesting email from the local MAS rep in KAF today, might be relevant to your interests.

• Like Like x 1
  13. cereal killer

cereal killer Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and thanks for dropping in!!!

• Like Like x 2
  14. TURNERZ

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    LBD,

Up on PM, thanks for the gauge! Great update.

I think your assessment of the dealers in UCLA (ugly corner of lower Alabama) is pretty accurate too. Thanks for the warning.

Turnerz

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  15. hcstick

hcstick Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome! Thanks for joining.