Just break down and order one…Or wait!?!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Confuzed2, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Depending on who I talk to, some seem to think that if I wait a few months I'll find a Hellcat on a dealers lot for MSRP or lower…

Others seem to believe I'll never find one at MSRP on a dealers lot, and I'd be better off finding a dealer who will order me one at MSRP….what to believe?

-One thing I do know…I am seeing Hellcats on dealer lots in my area, but all are being sold for over MSRP…I wish people would just quit buying them at these inflated prices…c'mon…65K for a car is expensive enough!! I just don't have that kind of money to throw away..

-And I'm not taking away anything from you guys that ordered and are patiently waiting…but I wouldn't be happy seeing these on dealer lots for the taking while Dodge hasn't even delivered yours yet.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hedge your bet and do both.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm betting you won't find one on a dealer lot until late into 2015, possibly not until the 2016 models come up for order. They can't even produce customer orders at this point. I'd say you'd be better off ordering at a dealership that will guarantee you no markup on the MSRP. If you truly want the car, don't expect it to fall in your lap.

4. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I ordered one for MSRP, but only have a VON right now. However I continue searching dealer inventoy for one. If I happen to get lucky and find one, I can cancel my order (at least up until I get VIN, then I will proceed with my order).

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. RadCat

RadCat Left Shark

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I too ordered one, for List (almost $2k below MSRP) at a smaller local dealer, so I only have a VON, but there are only 3 orders in front of mine...all waiting on VINs. I have been hopeful that when the allocation program is over (next month) that their orders will get placed. But like someone else said, I'm going to hedge my bet. I've got my SRT8 Charger for sale right now (paid it off yesterday), but am actively looking for a car. I watched one on eBay sell for $68k last night, that couldn't have been more than $1k over with the options it had (auto, NAV, Laguna). I see posts on here, almost daily by some forum member who knows of one on a lot local to them for MSRP or close. So I'll probably end up buying one on a lot because I'm getting impatient and my fever is growing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And to continue the above thought process.. he buys off lot and a certain number of "these type" von will VIN out, and he's helped the circle of life by putting out another Lion King for somebody to walk into the dealership and buy or pic up the ViN during production.

7. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That's just it…they ARE on dealer's lots around here. I just visited one yesterday. They have 3 on the lot right now…all over sticker price.

8. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not a bad idea…that's what I'm considering..

9. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tough call. Depends how far you want to travel. They are on lots for msrp. Just far and few

10. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well - I'm right near you in Kenosha. I've traveled south near Chicago just to get let down. Traveling hundreds of miles to pay a price Dodge recommends in the first place doesn't sit well with me…I might order locally…assuming there's actually an honest dealer around here, but I somehow doubt it.

EDIT: So far, they want to make at least 5K on my trade-in AND charge over sticker...

11. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm not far from you. About 45 min And my work is selling at msrp. We have sold 4 already and told if we sell we get. Worth a shot

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scottys jet

Scottys jet Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Order one at MSRP....with agreement you can cancel anytime previous to VIN being, or get all your ducks in a row, inquire about every cars.com and ebay car , watch the forum for leads and pounce on your CAT!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Scott's Hellcat

Scott's Hellcat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After going through the ordering nightmare I was able walk into a Sacramento Ca. dealer and drive away with a Phantom Black A8 at msrp. My point is the cars are out there now with more coming if you get tired of the drama.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just an fyi most state laws says the car is not yours till you sign all the papers and drive it off the lot. They have to refund deposites. Doesn't matter what a dealer tells you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rad, are you on Melton's list? Smitman got a VIN this week! (#1).

One of the issues going on looks like supply availability of the automatic transmission. They have my order (#2) going from BX to BG as a result. None the less, still a good thing in the right direction since Smitman got a VIN regarding Melton's orders.