SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Just Built a 2015 Corvette Z06 online

3K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Hattrick 
#1 ·
OK, so I keep hearing folks talking about going to the new Z06 because they can't get a Hellcat right now. So not knowing much about them and seeing some videos showing the Z06 is really fast compared to the Hellcat, I go to the Chevy's website and build one to see how they compare.

My first impression is HOLY COW, there are a ton of customizable options for the Z06. I made a freakin cool as* blue (comparable to my B5) with carbon fiber everything and its looked freakin wicked in the pictures. You name it, you have the option to change it...seats, side mirrors, spoilers, aero kits, and the list goes on and on. Definetly impressed with the options Chevy offers. They definetly have Dodge on that by a mile.

The Z06 is comparable to the Hellcat in alot of performance specs and would definetly be my choice for a track car (if it were just these two cars). For me, I've got 3 kids and part the of experience s taking them with me and brainwashing a future generation of gearheads. So a 2 seater with virtually zero storage isn't for me BUT the Z06 is impressive and the build options are killer. If I could have both, I would in a heart beat (as long as there was a Viper already sitting in my garage which it is NOT).

I can only hope Dodge will add customizable options like they did recently with the Viper to compare with the Z06 personalization.

In the end, the Z06 I built wasn't on the same $$$$ planet as the Hellcat. I am buying at MSRP and a $30k - $40k difference is huge. A nicely optioned Viper would be a better comparison to the Z06 than a Hellcat. So when I hear folks talking about moving away from a Hellcat to Z06 they must not understand the cost difference or be talking about a base Corvette which itself isn't on the same performance planet as the Hellcat.

I say this assuming folks are paying MSRP for both. I am sure some will and some won't for both cars. Not really an apples to apples comparision in my book. Just my 2 cent which won't get you anything.

if anyone gets a Z06, I'd love to take a ride though...

See less See more
Reactions: hellcat1
#3 ·
Most of the corvettes are leased and most get returned at the end of the lease because they got tired of it after the first year, climbing in has it's fun factor for only so long....... you need to be a true corvette guy for long term ownership.....
TC

#4 ·
I agree owning a corvette can be exciting, fun, as well as a PITA. In my Z06 I was lucky to get 8K out of a set of tires. Great grip but expensive to replace every 8K. Climbing in and out definitely gets old, but carving the corners never does. The lack of truck space was always a drawback for me on the corvette.

Owning one I have no desire to own another. I like my Hellcat Charger more after 600 miles than the corvette at 6000.

#7 ·
Having checked around earlier this year for options, there is nothing else comparable for the price. It's why I stuck it out. :)

#8 ·
Nothing, nothing on the planet compares to the value received from a Charger or Challenger Hellcat. You need to add some dollars.

BUT, SAYING THAT, I live in a high tax state and if you need to pay say $5k for tax and plates, buy some high rent wheels and some tires and a couple of other goodies and you can push $80k quick! Don't believe me, add $65+5. $7k wheels and tires, $1.5 CF shaft, $2k fuzz buster and misc crap, About one more K for real good brake pads that don't dust and control arms that stop bounce what do ya get? Birthday present to yourself!

AND John Dodge that assumes FCA reimburses me the $800 it cost to fix and re-paint the funky door my car came with!

#11 ·
Too funny! Still can't get the Sunroof, A8's sold out, and Satin hoods & Brass Monkey wheels were late to the game. Awesome...I'd say there is room for improvement Dodge.

#10 ·
So a few months ago before I took delivery of my hellcat,I sat in a 2015 stingrays, what a pain in the azz to get in,, no room, it's like a go cart,,, looks and sounds nice,, but again very very hard to get in and out of..This last weekend I had a chance to sit in a viper gts,, I got half in,, and said no thanks,, mind you, I'm 6 foot tall and slender...now I did buy my hellcat challenger without ever setting foot in one,,I was coming out of a 300S, and charger,, and love, love and can't be more happy with my hellcat...plus I got it at msrp. And have had it just over six months...

#13 ·
Had a 68 427c.i. Vette when i was nineteen, a few years old , set me back $3K. Inflation changed all that. Older drivers can afford them now, not teenagers. I too priced out a new ZO6 Conv. $88K, without going to crazy. By the way, dont think GM is doing you any favors with the long option list, they have learned all that from Porsche, BMW and Mercedes, i.e. yellow paint is a $10K option on the new AMG-GT. So... while im in VONHELL, ive been thinkin, Z51 Vette conv. A8, Magnetic shocks. Prolly all i need for some top down fun. They are offering big discounts on the Stingray too. Kerbeck in Jersey, $5-$7K. Not ZO6 though. I doubt i would need or use much of the extra performance the ZO6 offers, yeah i know it does look cool as hell.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.