Just Can't Pull The Trigger

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Phinatic, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Phinatic

Phinatic Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In my first forum post I mentioned that I have Hellcat Fever, but the big hurdle was convincing my wife. However, I'm finding it hard to dig deep and put the screws to her since I'm not totally sold myself, mostly because of color choice. I was disheartened to hear sublime is not available in 2016 and my second choice would be GWE or Hemi-Orange. But those aren't available either. Of the available 2016 colors, B5 is the only color I could see myself getting, but even then, I feel I would be settling. With that said, how much of a factor was color choice in your decision to purchase a Hellcat?

The last time GWE, Hemi-Orange, or Header Orange were available was 2011, 2013, and 2014 respectively, so the chances of one of those colors being offered in 2017 may be pretty good. Should I roll the dice and wait until 2017? Even if one of these colors do become available, then there's the allocation battle.

I can't help but think of the last statement in the latest Dodge commercial, where they are talking about donuts, and at the end of the commercial, the narrator says, "...get yours before they are history."

Sign, first-world problems...lol.

Joe

• Like Like x 1
  2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would wait until nest year and see what happens with your color you want,, I didn't catch the last part of the donut commercial, going to have to look at it again,, I think these cars with this engine will go away in a year or two, so that being said don't lose out on a car...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would buy now on eBay
    Pick a color and STEP UP !!
    Tire Kicking or Window Shopping Sucks !!

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. zippy

zippy Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I agree

Your buying the car as an overall package, not just color.
    You can either find a pre-owned sublime or "settle" for B5 (very nice color too)
    Once you driving it, I don't think color will be the only thing on your mind !!

And, if it really erks you, you can always sell it ar trade it later.

Just my 0.02 . . . . Its your decision to make

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. greenwithenvy

greenwithenvy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have always lived by the rule it is better to ask forgiveness than permission......;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Draggin

Draggin Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I have decided to purchase a hellcat mainly because of power. I was trying to build up power on my 392 and it became clear to me that I was spending too much money for where I was going. That being said I have a thing for purple. I have a pretty modern house with 2 purple walls, brushed stainless kitchen back splashes that have been sprayed with candy purple and cleared. I also have a 74 plum crazy challenger so both my 2010 R/T and 2014 SRT8 both have been plum crazy. I was a teenager when i got the 74 for my dad and i to fix up i remember
    Kids picking on me about the color. So now it is basically my F U statement. I waited last year just for color so to me it is a big deal. If you really feel the color is a big deal you won't be happy and then you have one expensive as car that you will want to trade in as soon as the color you want comes out.

7. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you want a hellcat...get a hellcat. If you want one of a specific color or option combination, you will have to search hard, be prepred to travel, be prepared to be disappointed and hope...as we all know, hope IS NOT a method.

If it is not exactly what you want, but you want a hellcat, change it after the fact. Otherwise you will stay on the outside looking in. Life's too short for that angst. Pull the trigger, put your concerns aside and make whatever you get your own.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Odin

Odin Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After seeing the pre-production cars at the 2014 Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA I was sold and had to have one. When it came time to order I went to look at the Ivory White on a Chrysler 300 and decided on that color. Yellow would have been my first choice but now I love this color combination. If you want a Hellcat for the performance, decide on a color and try to get it. IMO if you wait for a color you may not get a Hellcat.

• Like Like x 1
  9. flanman

flanman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Once it is in your garage, the color becomes a moot point. I thought about waiting and ordering in the spring. I went to my dealer to pick up my Ram after service, and made the mistake of talking to my usual sales guy about ordering.

"Ordering is open, but we have one here. Do want to take look at it?"

"Sure, why not."

Next day I bought it. "Resistance is futile!"

Just do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My thoughts on color are Green, orange, purple, and other trendy colors are tough to live with, I ordered a sublime green, but it was stuck in VON for two weeks, and I was the first to put my order in last year, And then I seen a video with red seat and wanted them, dealer said ( at the time ) red seat don't come in sublime, so I said give me a red car, And I have been inlove with it for almost a year now... Red , Black, White are timeless colors

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. ChallCat

ChallCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is no wrong color for this car :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. gatorguy

gatorguy It's too late to fall in love with Sharon Tate! Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm a dyed in the wool Gator fan, having played there in the early 80's. I tried to order my BADKITY from a couple of dealerships, got frustrated and went out and found one that had everything I wanted EXCEPT it was TorRed. I don't even own a red shirt. Having said that, I LOVE my red car and when I start getting ribbed by my friends for owning one, I just shift to first, hold the brakes and put up a wonderful smoke screen! Color makes no difference. Get you one!!!

13. Phinatic

Phinatic Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks everyone for your comments, sometimes you just need some reinforcement. Especially Big Dawg, as he's slapping me across my face "for the love of all things holy...wake up my man!!"...lol

I guess the hard part is that I would have to sell my 2009 HO SRT Challenger, which has been an awesome car. But I guess she wouldn't mind, as long as I would be getting a Hellcat.

Being in Germany, traveling around the states to find what I want would be difficult. Could buy off ebay, but I'd rather go through a local dealer here just for the comfort factor should anything go wrong with the ordering or shipping process.

Now back to convincing the wife ;<(

Joe

• Like Like x 1
  14. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't help much on the color because I ordered and got what I wanted (397 days later). However, as for being hard to let go of the 09, I thought the same thing until I hit the start button on the Cat and that was the last I thought of it! The 09 sold off the lot in just a few days.

• Like Like x 1
  15. gatorguy

gatorguy It's too late to fall in love with Sharon Tate! Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It has been said to pick your battles. Pick this one, you won't regret it.