Just got a 2016 allotment?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by rollieman, Aug 28, 2015.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've been sending out e-mails to a bunch of dealers hoping to get an allotment @ MSRP. A few of them got back to me saying they would sell me the car at MSRP but have no allotments to do so and do not know when this will occur, thus can't take an order. Now that doesn't surprise me because I've been hearing this for some time. However, I just got a call from one of the dealers who said we have 1 allotment available at this time and no problem at MSRP.

I said is this a 2015 or a 2016 allotment --------- he said it's for 2016 but doesn't have the prices yet.

He also said this will not last and should get down here today -------------- understandably so !

This has certainly taken me by surprise to say the least !

My question/concern is how can he place an order without having 2016 pricing???

Should I ask to physically see the allotment document?

My wife and I are heading down there in about an hour and I wanted to get your opinion on this -------- another words is this real or are they just looking to take a deposit and put my name on a piece of paper?

I'm on cloud nine but also apprehensive because I wasn't aware that any 2016 allotments were sent out yet?

Thank you !

2. terryturner

terryturner Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He definitely should have pricing. When they get into their ordering system he can show u how many allocations he has. At least that's what my salesman did. Also, if u order today u will leave with a POC and a VON with your name on it

3. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Pricing is available in the 2016 Challenger information thread. Dealer should know pricing already. If he doesn't... Well I won't say anything bad about anyone. Make dealer show you the DealerConnect screen. It will show pricing and available allocation and available options. Dealer might not have the transmission you want at this time. Be sure what month his allocation is good for (August, October, Feb, etc). If he doesn't have an actual allocation, he can't enter the order. You should have a VON with your POC (price order confirmation) paperwork when you leave the dealer. Don't leave without any paperwork. Good luck.

By the way, what do you want to order?

4. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    B5, A8, and leather which I believe is std for 2016? ------------ not sure about summer tires though??

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  5. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dealer can start the order in the system. It will immediately tell him if he has allocation or not. If not, he cannot complete the order. He can still write it up, take your deposit, but the order is going nowhere until he has the allocation. Just got done having the discussion with my dealer and trying to put an order in. The real question is, how does the dealer find out their allocation, and when it's for? So far, no good info.

6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't know if you saw this but ResumeSpeed posted some info. It is his #2 post on this thread
    2016 Challenger information thread | SRT Hellcat Forum

7. sinistersix

sinistersix Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That is also exactly what I did. Dealer ordered B5 to hold place, will switch color once PCP is ready. You're good.