Just joined the Hellcat Frat

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Painkilller, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Painkilller

Painkilller Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Saw the orig Challenger prototype back in 2006, and knew I wanted one. We finally picked up a 2013 R/T+, and had it about 2 years before we upgraded to a 2015 Scat Pack. That was a great car and figured that would be the one we would keep because we really couldn't afford a Hellcat.

Well, fast forward to 2 weeks ago. On the eve of a pretty major company wide pay raise, we went to our local Dodge dealer to pick up our 2013 Ram, that just had it's 30000 mile tune up on it. While waiting, we walked out into the showroom out of boredom, to see what they had.

There was an automatic Hellcat sitting there, and I made a comment to my wife that it's too damn bad it's an auto. A voice behind us said, "I have a stick that literally just rolled off the delivery truck 1 hour ago. It's in back being prepped for sale". I turned around and it was the guy that sold us the Scat in December of '15.

So...just for the hell...cat...of it, we went back and took a look at it totally for fun. Zero intention of buying ANYTHING that day. Well, we saw the loaded out, Plum Crazy Purple (flat black hood) Hellcat and, since it was a stick...and purple is my wifes fave color, we ended up buying it. It was sold for sticker price. Not 1 dime over.

Still shocked that it's sitting in our garage!

Been babying it during the break in period. We're actually getting ready to take it for a drive again today on the Kentucky country roads. I can definitely feel hidden power under my foot but, have yet to really test it. Can't wait to see how hard it actually pulls! Reading stories about it being able to break loose the tires at 70mph by flooring it, seems almost unbelievable to me.

Anyhow, VERY happy to be here, and be a new Hellcat owner.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Angel

Angel Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and congratulations on finding your cat! Did you trade the truck or scat pack for it?

3. digdug33071

digdug33071 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome! You are going to love the car!!

4. CAR BUFF

CAR BUFF Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the new car.Enjoy!!!Great color choice!!!!!

5. FireLane

FireLane SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and welcome to the Forums!! Once it's broken in you'll see how much power is lurking under your foot, it's amazing!!

6. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats,,, please let us know how it compares to your scat pack

7. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats and nice car! Beats ordering one like I did....especially if you're lucky enough to find one on a sales floor optioned like you want it...at MSRP no less!

BTW, I've never broke my rear tires loose doing 70 mph....thankfully! That would be pretty scary! Just make sure when you do tromp on it, you have straight road ahead!

8. AKHills

AKHills The Alaska Hellraiser! Alaska HCC President. Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Halfshaft

Halfshaft Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the Cat, same thing went through my mind, couldn't afford on retirement, but we only live once, so I said what the hell.

10. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the Hellcat! Welcome to the forum. Awesome story thanks for sharing with us.

11. Painkilller

Painkilller Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We traded the 2015 Scat in on it. Since we only had it for just under 1 year, we still owed 35k on it. Our dealer gave us more than we owed on it, and when we went back up to the dealer later that day to pick up the 'Cat, the Scat was already sold. Guess they're pretty damn popular!

As for power comparison, the Cat pulls much harder, imho. Our Scat was no slouch but, today while driving the Cat, I finally crossed the 500 mile mark so, I figured I would "try it out", if you know what I mean. Jumped on it while starting across a bridge. Was going about 45mph. By the time we got across the bridge, which isn't a very large bridge at that, we were doing just about 130mph. Pulled like nothing I've been in all the way until I had to slow down on the other side.

On passing some cars on the 2 lane road that follows the Ohio river, it was just so ridiculous how hard/fast it would blast past people. I NEVER felt that much power in the Scat, even though it was pretty strong too. The Cat is quite a bit beyond it. VERY impressed!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. CPRHDSRT

CPRHDSRT Pontiac Bred ................. SRT Addicted Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats - life is a short journey - happy for you and the wife to have pulled the trigger on that PCP M6. Enjoy the smiles per gallon !!

• Like Like x 1
  13. jaque

jaque Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    welcome, no frat boys here, but i get it.. we are rootin tootin mopar nut balls that found each other because ma mopar built the baddest car to ever bless this planet.. MOPAR-NOCAR.. glad youre part of the club,, join the membership and get youre shirt, and you will be official..

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats I've had mine over a year and 16000 miles and still love it!

15. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats! Nice story & thanks for sharing your driving impressions. Pretty soon you'll be looking for excuses to drive the Hellcat...enjoy!