Just Received Lowering Kit

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by VanishingPoint, Jun 13, 2015.

1. VanishingPoint

VanishingPoint Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, this is a very high quality piece of kit (Thanks Speedlogix).

Questions for those who lowered though:

1. Did you go with 5/8 of an inch in front, and 1/2 inch in rear (for a 1.25 drop)?
    2. Did anyone go lower and if so, were you unhappy with the ride?
    3. Did anyone make adjustments for the car not being quite level from the factory (from the frame) or other handling considerations? For instance I am a big dude, generally I drive this thing alone (and if not she is half my weight) so did anyone consider making the driver side a turn or two higher to counter my weight when in the vehicle (meaning it will be level with me in it)?

(I plan on doing a writeup for this to see how it turns out so any info you all have cumulatively will be helpful)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't wait to see that, hope you can get some good photos for us.

3. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At 1st I was trying to figure out why anyone would lower their H/C? But as you have stated about leveling car under weight. I be interested on how this works out for you. Will be watching for updates.:cool:

4. iya0yas

iya0yas Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm interested to follow as well... Has anyone posted detailed step by step install instructions w/photos?

5. Profezzor X

Profezzor X Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on the kits. I'm strongly considering buying a kit now at the discount price before I even order the 2016 Charger... Aside from buying aftermarket wheels, it'll be the second high dollar addition to the car, and I wouldn't have to worry about buying it later on. So in that regard I may pull the trigger, just to get it out of the way. That way, I'll have almost everything bought (pro-stop pads, mud flaps, wheels) to install by the time I purchase the car.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I lowered my 08 Challenger and it never felt/looked right. Now that I have the Hellcat I'm going to reset the 08 back to stock.

7. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    VP race cars are usually corner weighted without the driver. If I do invest in a lowering kit I would give it to someone that would be able to set the corner weights on the car when they install the kit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. VanishingPoint

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why would anybody corner weight without the driver, unless they are in the middle of the car?

Also-the writeup will not be a "how to" install guide, just how to set up the car, and the exact drop (though this maybe fairly well established aready).

If I can find a shop with scales (difficult) or the local SCCA club I would love to corner weigh it with me in the car.

9. Profezzor X

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I just committed to a KW lowering kit set last night... I just hope they fit a 2016. I can't imagine the suspension would change all that much - if at all for 2016 models.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2015
  10. VanishingPoint

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So again, 5/8 and half an inch is the way to go front to rear for a 1.25 inch drop?

11. Bluestreak

Bluestreak Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm reading this thread and not sure what to think. I know this is only a Dodge but some very smart men and women were paid a lot of money to figure out the optimal setup for this car, hence the 204 MPH. With that said I worked on cars for a long. Unless your going for a single use car, track only or that sought of setup my personal opinion, and that's all this is, why screw with something if it ain't broken.
    Someone answer this question and then you may have the answer to what you might want to do. "What the enemy of good"?

12. VanishingPoint

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bluestreak, a lot of smart men and women also made a hood made from spaghetti that starts to buckle and lift above 85 mph, a wheel well that can barely fit a 10 inch rim, and bumpers and other plastics made of paper.

FWIW, I want the car lowered as it will naturally improve it in almost every way important to me, except possibly drag race starts, and possible slalom transitions, but that might be negated by lower COG. Eventually, I want to get it corner balanced, which is only possible with an adjustable suspension.

Also, those men & women also need to have certain ground clearances met-not just for roads and driveways-but so they can fit on the transport trucks and trains where they can really f-ck up your paint too.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Umm, it looks better?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Profezzor X

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Not everyone that has or will have a Hellcat is striving to achieve that 204 speed limit, taking it to the track, or doing burnouts. Me personally, I can care less about that right now. It's KNOWING that I have that kind of power to achieve that is really what matters to me, and having the bragging rights and power to back it up.

No doubt those hard working men and women that designed and built the Hellcat might not want to hear that, but I'm sure they built the Hellcat for the "every-man/woman" kind of person in mind, and not for elite owners that'll drive the hell out of it all the time.

I certainly understand your purist standpoint - wanting to preserve what Dodge has crafted, but had they listened to the requests for bigger wheel wells, a lighter curb weight, and more customizable options, a lot of the enthusiasts that buy their cars wouldn't have a reason to raise a stink about it, or modify their cars.

15. VanishingPoint

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am still waiting to hear from the experts who have lowered their rides? I need the springs set up before I take it in for the work...