k & n intake

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 392, Jan 24, 2016.

1. 392

392 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    anybody put a K & N CAI on their hellcat? Is it worth the time & money?...thanks

2. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Based on several of us who have tried, dyno tested, road tested, etc. other CAI's for the Hellcat, if you plan to do no other power modifications to the engine a CAI is a waste of money.

3. 392

392 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    better sound at the most?

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    barely. A bit more supercharger whine and intake sound, but I think much of that is placebo. One a decibel meter, it may not even register.
    The stock Hellcat sounds awesome as is, it's not like adding the CAI and it's suddenly like, "wow now that sounds awesome, so much better." Consider this, if a fighter jet takes off and you watch it from 1/2 mile away as it goes full throttle, sounds amazing. Now you move 500 feet closer and hear it again. Still sounds awesome, maybe a fraction louder, that's it.

5. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As far as sound, none will sound better than the BWoody intake. The supercharger whine becomes much more pronounced and the sound is addicting. As far as performance, unless you're tuning, you won't see any huge gains. I wouldn't trade my BWoody intake in for anything. I love it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 392

392 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    what's the difference between the 2?

7. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The BWoody is a 5" short ram intake that comes with a water shield, which was designed to also direct air to the intake filter. It's super clean looking and because of its open design, really accentuates the sound of the supercharger whine. It also sits a bit lower. This allows air flowing over the top to drive out hot air through the extractor in the hood. It was tested as the highest flowing intake for the Hellcat, so tuning will allow you to take advantage of the much increased air flow. Here's a link to my thread on it so you can see some pictures of it installed: BWoody Performance CAI Installed

Post #217 in that thread on page 15 is where I added more pictures with the water shield installed.

8. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg image.jpeg Here is my BWoody with the sock and shield.
    No tune, just have it for the awesome sounds. It turns heads when heard. And the filter is a K&N.

• Like Like x 1