SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Keep 2015 Challenger SRT 392 or trade for Hellcat

6K views 23 replies 21 participants last post by  MuscleGarageLA 
#1 ·
As the title states I own a 2015 SRT 392, thinking the Hellcat would never come in. I gues hell froze over the Hellcat is on the the way. The question now is which one to keep, can't really afford both. Thoughts

#3 ·
Well my friend only you know you financial status and the possible impact but, It seems that the Hellcat was your first choice and if that was the case i would pull the trigger on the Hellcat and not look back but the good part in this is that either way it's a win for you !

#4 ·
I think long term your resale value on the Hellcat should overcome the initial loss of trading off the 392.

If I were in your shoes I'd keep the 392 and buy the Hellcat to immediately flip, put that money on the 392 and buy a late 2016, early 2017 Hellcat. The caveat being FCA not dramatically raising MSRP on 2016-2017 Hellcats.

#5 ·
Nothing wrong with what you have but given the choice I'd take the Hellcat over the SRT392.

Only you can decide. I guess it depends how hard of a hit you will get with the SRT392 sale and/or trade.

#9 · (Edited)
You already Exhibit Symptoms of Buyer's Remorse, else you would be content with your possession. Those symptoms will only get worse as time goes by. Nip it in the bud, cough up the loss now, get the hellcat and promise yourself (and your loved ones) that you would find ways to make it up/recover some of the losses in the future. You only live once: mental health and peace of mind are paramount. Nothing is more important than that. Think of it as an investment for your well being/health. It would be easier to reconcile (with the inevitable) that way!

Btw, I always try to practice what I preach! In other words, I speak from past experiences.....resistance is futile!

Post pics of your hellcat as and when you can. Lmaoooo!!!

Reactions: B5 Blue
#10 ·
I was kinda in your same boat,, I had a deposit on a 2015 srt while waiting on my hellcat,,, but at the end of the day the hellcat is what I wanted , and after owning it, and seeing others,I would kick myself if I didn't get the hellcat..this is probably the last high dollar car I buy...btw, I'm already looking for more power for my hellcat,,imagine what it would be like with 200 hp less

#12 ·
I think that you should get your wife to get a night job. Just twist it up where it's, like her idea. This way you can have them both. I would tell you to get a second job, but screw that. How in the hell are you gonna be able to drive 2 cars, if your working all the time? Plus when you drive the Hellcat, you won't even wanna drive the 392, you will sell that. Your wife can quit. Problem solved. I think I should get an honorary PHD from Hellcat U.

#15 ·
Are you in Kentucky? I know of this same circumstance that a dealer was explaining to me from KY

#16 ·
I have a 392 on order and the cost of this SRT is already way over what we originally wanted to spend. How-ever, if our financial situation was more flush, I'd "definitely" go for the Hellcat! If you can swing it, get the CAT!

#17 ·
I had a 392 on order and started to kick myself in the butt for not ordering the hellcat. Saw a guy driving the sublime 2015 392 and asked how he liked it. He said he loved it. I asked if he regrets not getting the hellcat, he said yes. I cancelled my 392 and decided to wait it out for the hellcat. Yea it's 20k more but I know it would have kept bugging me if I bought the 392 and passed on the cat.

#19 ·
I had an '09 SRT Challenger with a Vortech making about 560 to 570 hp. It was pretty fast. I wondered about just how much better a Hellcat really was. I was very attached to my '09. I mean REALLY attached. I would have been fine keeping it but the opportunity to buy a Hellcat fell into my lap and I went for it. I remember feeling a little sadness looking at my '09 as I pulled out of the parking lot in the new Hellcat. Then..., I shifted into 2nd gear, yelled, Yee-haw!!!" and have never looked back. The difference in build and features between any '15 versus an '09 is big. I imagine not so much between a '15 392 and a Hellcat in creature comforts, Nav, electronics, etc. However, my supercharged '09 made quite a bit more power than a stock 392 and I can tell you the Hellcat is on an entirely different level of performance. Get the Hellcat or you'll always wish you had.

#20 ·
Hellcat. Traded my 2013 SRT chally. No comparison in cars. Entirely different machine.
L J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.