SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Key FOB

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  WindowShaker 
#1 ·
Factoid from this months SRT Technology article. Interesting if you have both keys;

“The black key limits horsepower — that’s it,” said Jim Wilder, Dodge Challenger SRT Vehicle Development Manager. “There is still full functionality of everything else on the car.”

When a driver starts the car, the vehicle recognizes which key they have in their possession. If the driver has both keys, the car by default will recognize the red key. Once one key has been used, the car must be turned off if the driver wants to use the other key.

#2 ·
I hadn't asked yet, but was wondering about having both keys in the car with you. I really don't plan on ever valet parking my Hellbaby, but I thought about having it with me on that slight possibility. I am thinking the black key will probably sit in a drawer somewhere and then I will forget where I put it...,maybe I will use it for the first 500 miles so I behave, NOT! LOLo_O

#10 ·
"The black key fob...does not exist...in this dojo, does it?"

"NO SENSEI!!"

Anyone get the movie reference? ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.