Killed The Cat!!!!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Matt, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Matt

Matt Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The cat threw this P0300 code tonight when I was driving it to a gas station 4 miles from home. It started to shutter and shake and that it backfired once. The gas light was on so I filled it up and after that it became minimally "smoother." I got home around 10:40 and then left in my other dodge to the store. I got back around 12:35 and went to move the car out of the driveway and it would barely start, It cranked for three times the normal cranking time. After it did turn over it was SUPER rough! I was able to get it into the street and shut it down (almost got sea sick from how bad it was shuttering and jerking) and I checked the belt to make sure it wasn't lose or anything like that; everything looked fine, so I let it sit for 15 minutes while I packed my other car for the day and then went back to see if my cat was still shaking. I tried cranking it and it started to crank but then suddenly "locked" with a loud thud, stopped cranking, reset itself, and tried to crank again. I hit the button to cancel the cranking as I wasn't going to test my luck. I called AAA and scheduled a tow, the guy came within an hour. He went to try to start the vehicle to put it in neutral to load it on the flatbed. The vehicle didn't want to start at all!! I had him use a jump box just to ensure the battery wasn't doing weird things, the damn thing won't even try to crank now! (Remember, I custom ordered this vehicle in October 2014, picked it up in February of 2015. Not even a year in time since we got it and then vehicle has had 3 major issues to date) image.jpeg

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. HellScoot

HellScoot Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like a bad motor. Any smoke? Dealer should fix/replace under warranty. Curious to know what code means?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ugh ... I am so sorry to read about this! Thank God for warranties! It seems like the Cats having the most issues are the ones that were delivered after Jan 1 ... by then FCA knew they had made a mistake with the release of the Cat and were drowning in orders that they knew they could not fill. Around that time was when they started putting a LOT of pressure on the workers at the Brampton plant to rush the cars. When people are under a lot of stress and rushed, more mistakes happen than usual. May just be coincidence, but I don't believe so ...

April

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. camarochevy1970

camarochevy1970 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    p0300 is a random misfire

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe it's bad coil pack, and bad plugs,, sorry to hear about your luck, Are you thinking crank pulley

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hopefully it's not bad. Keep us informed.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Matt

Matt Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Update: I will continue to update daily or bi-daily, currently the dealership has only one truly certified mechanic for the cats and he is also the primary diesel mechanic, I saw a lot of ambulances on the service lot this morning and the rep (who I hate dealing with) said that the car wouldn't be looked at until after closing tonight. The code is a multiple cylinder misfire according to Pro Demand Mitchel 1.

I remember going through the same shuttering and shaking just before the crank snapped in the original engine of my 2006 Ram 1500. I pray to God the crank is not damaged and that they won't have to replace the engine. As you can see it, it only has 12,472 miles on it. I didn't even put my hands on the car until February of this year and I was the first car ordered (third to be picked up) from this dealership. They always seem to have one cat on the lot but never in the sublime green. Either way, if anyone wants to PM me I handle email a lot better then checking this site. That's why I can guarantee you won't go two days without an update, but I can't guarantee you will get an update every day!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Matt

Matt Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No smoke at all, when it was loaded onto the flatbed I went around to check the straps before it left my house and I checked the exhaust tips out of curiosity and was literally able to DIP (submerge) the tip of my finger in gasoline and it smelled like someone was holding a gasoline soaked rag under my nose.

• Like Like x 1
  9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like something to do with engine management ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hope every thing works out ok for u Matt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Matt

Matt Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well let's just say that I could be having a meeting with the regional director. I have bought three new cars from this dealership since October 2014 and all three have been back in for something going wrong (all covered under warranty mind you)

I just had to have the entire engine taken apart and serviced on my Charger just a month ago.

12. Fireball

Fireball Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    sounds like a broken rocker are.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Matt....If you've saw the post that I started last Friday night (MOTOR DEAD) you will believe me when I say that I can feel your pain and I understand the frustration.

My car has the lower pulley slipping on the crank issue. Very different than what you are experiencing. I've got limited information here but
    as Fireball posted, and I already had the same thing in mind, it sounds like it could be a broken rocker arm. Whatever the case, it sucks but
    it will get fixed. Hopefully it gets fixed without any other damage or issues occurring in the process.

Very best of luck to you!!! I'll be watching this thread to see how things progress.

By the way, my car went to the dealer last Saturday, I started a request for a replacement or repurchase of my car (had lots of issues in the two
    months I've owned it) and I was contacted yesterday by s super nice lady by the name of Rosa. I get the impression that she, my dealership
    and Dodge will stay on top of this. I hope that they do and that the same happens for you.

Again, very best of luck, I know it sucks.:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good luck with everything. Having a good tech is key. Mine's in the shop for a weird SC pulley noise. I actually called SRT and asked them to recommend a local dealer for repair work. They were very helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry your having issues with your mopars,, every car has problems, and that sucks,,, but when all three have issues,, that leaves you with a not good feeling about the brand.. I have three mopars now, and in the hunt for one more.. But there are days I curse out my wife's Durango,, but at the end of the day,, it's a vehicle, and at some time, it's going to break,I hope your dealer takes care of you, word of mouth goes a long way,, taking care of your customers is very important

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2