SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Killer Chiller

119K views 306 replies 63 participants last post by  El-Gato 
#1 ·
Has anybody tried the Killer Chiller from Kincaid Performance? The Mustang guys seem to really like it. Claim 40 to 50 HP thru cooler intake temps and less timing retard. Now making a Hellcat kit.

#3 ·
Don't!!! There's a thread on SVTPerformance about how terrible it is & his customer service.
Thanks for the referral over to the SVT forum. But, seemed to me there was a lot of positive comments on the "conventional" system over several years. The new electric system seems to still have some issues.

#8 ·
I read in Hemmings Muscle Machines that the Demon is going to have a Drag Mode in the U-Connect screen which will in part, shut down the cabin A/C and reroute the chilled air to the intercooler for a denser cooler air flow and less timing retard.

#6 ·
Thanks for the referral over to the SVT forum. But, seemed to me there was a lot of positive comments on the "conventional" system over several years. The new electric system seems to still have some issues.
Yeah, I was considering it for my GT500 back in 2010..those systems were legit. What I've heard about the new systems coming out is not good..and it's pretty much a one man operation, so customer service is limited. Do it at your own risk, especially since you'll most likely have one of the first units & will be a glorified guinea pig basically.

#7 ·
No. Hellcat runs on a Cold Temp loop which makes it unique. The HC stock heat exchanger does fine without modification. However, if you want to keep the intercooler temperatures down on the Hellcat, you can simply get a larger capacity heat exchanger like BWoody.

But, but, but,...

....it's going to be used over "there"... right?

#11 ·
It looks like it would be of major benefit to anyone who is racing these cars especially in hot weather, They claim a 40 degree or more reduction in precoolercoolant temperature. it will require removing the nose of the car and finding a way to mount the heat exchanger.

#14 ·
Go on their website and see the results they are getting on the Cobras !!!!

#18 ·

#28 ·
If I was running 23.5 pounds of boost like that Cobra in the video I think I would want the air coming into my blower as cool as possible...

#32 ·
guys, I know a Hellcat owner who is almost finished installing a Kidler Chiller on his car... I don't think he is on this forum, though.. I will update this thread as I get info.. I have seen some of his installation pics. Pretty elaborate set up...
I'd love to know how it works out for him. I've got one sitting in my trunk (for several months now) just waiting for me to have time to install it...

#33 ·
Hmm, the Hellcat doesn't need it, true. However, a properly designed system that uses refrigerant to cool down the LTR fluid substantially has obvious benefits, also in how fast you can cool down between runs.
TrackDay Good point, I know of a member here who have used it in the past and have had good results on another platform AMG E55 (member Bstudey01) I did ask if he would use it on the Hellcat and his only complaint was, it hurts your AC efficiency. I know it great for cool down between runs and hot lapping.

#34 ·
Reactions: TennesseeGator
#35 ·
any updates?

#36 · (Edited)
Gentlemen, let me lay a few facts out there after testing this on my 6.2 hellcat/2.9 drag pak whipple combo.

1. The killer chiller set up I just installed appears to keep water temps consistently in the 40's regardless of ambient. Obviously the warmer it is outside the more advantage you will have over standard heat exchangers which can at best only cool things down to ambient.

2. So far, I have yet to see IATs rise during 2-3rd gear WOT runs (still tuning the car). Typically my IATs will go down 4-5 degs from begining to the end of run. Seem to level off once they drop 5 degrees. Track testing will show whether the system has the capacity to maintain a level IAT temp through an entire 1/4 mile. Bottom line, these kind of IATs are worth power that will show up on a time slip, without having to haul 100lbs of ice back and forth to the track.

3. I can sit in Washington D.C. traffic for an hour plus, park the car, and the blower is barely luke warm, the bottom manifold is cool to the touch and the intercooler reservoir is downright chillly with a bit of moisture on it. I plan to insulated the aluminum moroso tank to prevent further loss due to hot engine bay. Bottom line, heatsoak on the head unit is now non-existent.

4. The race set up is just a solenoid you integrate into the high pressure line that effectively isolates the cabin from the cooling loop and only circulates freon through the chiller circuit. Therefore there is no humidity being sucked out of the air and dripped on the ground. It is a must have for the track. I have mine on a simple switch, defaulted to open, and flip the switch to close the solenoid for track days.

5. Its so effective Dodge just integrated this A/C cooled chiller design into the Demon and claims it drops IATs 45 degs in race mode. I saw it first hand yesterday.

See you all at the track,

Chris

#38 ·
Good info!!! thanks..... Beautiful engine, Love the CAI that don't look like it cost $500+ like most of the ones I been looking at for our HCs.:D

#43 ·
Nice to see you here Chris.... i have followed your builds for years...you.were the only one able to explain how to properly wire a BAP with a relay...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.