Last night a stupid, irresponsible 16 year old girl lost her license...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by MrBigKid, Mar 28, 2015.

1. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The wife and I went to Applebees last night. While we were eating 4 off duty cops met up to have dinner. They (unbeknownst to us) all went to the back corner of the rear parking lot to look at the car. Then they came in and took a table next to us, ate, and then left.

Next thing I know the waitress is walking around to all the tables. She asked us "Do you guys have a black Challenger?" No it's Granite was my thought even while I'm asking "why whats wrong?" She said nothing just turned and motioned to a cop who was standing on the other side of the bar. All it took was one look at his face to know it was bad.
    The next few minutes are fuzzy, My wife said I stood up and headed for the door cussing as I headed out of the restaurant without even talking to the cop. I come around the corner and there are 3 cop cars haphazardly parked around my car with the lights going in a light rain. Looked like a serious crime scene. As I came around the first cop car I breathed a sigh of relief, the car seem intact and whole.

Evidently, after the cops finished dinner they headed back towards their cars but stopped at the corner to talk while one smoked. They watched a small SUV as it backed into the front of my car, paused and then took off. Applebees is attached to a Lowes parking lot and this driver headed across Lowes in a hurry. All 3 cops ran to their cars and took off after her. That must have been a sight in the rearview. 3 cops cars with lights chasing you so soon after you screwed up.

They made her return to the parking lot and went to find me. When the father arrived you should have heard them. "Sir are you a car guy? This isn't just a car, it also isn't just a Challenger, it's a Hellcat, a rare and expensive car which is why he parked it way out here. This is going to hurt your insurance badly" Evidently they told the girl the same thing when they caught her and let her know it was going to cost mommy and daddy a lot. Made her cry. Good for them!

While we waited I had to give a impromptu car show, starting , revving etc. They were VERY respectful of the car and loved it. They were as sick as me about the damage. I couldn't have thanked them enough for going out of their way when they were off duty. If they had not caught her we wouldn't have noticed the damage until today and it would have been me stuck with the insurance! Awesome, absolutely AWESOME LEO experience!

Visually it is not to bad looking. Front bumper is scratched with a crease on the top of the bumber, the light insert is broken and clips behind the front clip are loose or busted. Luckily none of the other body panels are touched thank god! I'd bet the entire front bumper cover will have to be replaced as well as the insert facia and the clips at a minimum The worst part is that I'm worried about the repainting and matching the flake. I've read a lot about how difficult it is to match up. Anyone know a top notch body shop in the Columbia SC area? And now I have to cancel my film and cquartz that was scheduled for next week...

To bad she still had 6 months before she turned 17, she would be sleeping in jail tonight... At least she will lose her license. Daddy said "She is an honor student" I told him "Ethics and morals come from the parents, and hers sucked." He just walked away. I hope they beat her ass!

Good thing she never got out of the car until daddy came to drive it home. I wouldn't hit a girl,but my wife was ready to take her down.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry for your loss!

3. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, sorry for the loss. Not too bad though. On a side note, where did you get your car? I got mine at dodgeland in Columbia. Also granite crystal

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is a difficult time for LEOs everywhere. If you feel it is appropriate, please take the time to send a letter to the CEO of the agency where they are employed.

Unfortunately, the only great shop I'm aware of is in Augusta.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow! I am so sorry! Very glad they caught her! Can't believe that lil SHIZZY was taking off. My daughter would be banned from everything until she became an adult if she damaged SOMEONES car and didn't stop! :mad:

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. MizzouRT

MizzouRT VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    A young, inexperienced driver making a mistake and hitting your parked car is regrettable, but what really sucks is they tried to run away. Serves them right for getting caught red handed. Now instead of a minor fender bender they have a hit-and-run on their record.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Menesesjesse

Menesesjesse #147

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My daughter did just that in a Walmart parking lot with my SL500. I made her go in and find the owner of the beater toyota she his. Good thing I did because the lady worked for the FBI. She was nice about it and let my daughter off the hook. My car was bruised though. Looking back its funny but something that was done the right way.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Man I'm so sorry this happened to you. Even with you parking so far away someone still manage to be irresponsible and nonchalant. You're quite lucky the off duty cops were there that's awesome it's like having an entourage guarding your car for free.
    My fiancé and I feel for you and pray you get a speedy body fix.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Jerry455

Jerry455 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Wow- sorry to hear this happened- but at least you got the full story instead of finding out the next morning and always wondering when & how it happened.
    My daughter turned 16 and just left the house in her '02 Camry for the 2nd time alone. This thread will be a must read for her tomorrow. Biggest mistake was leaving and not owing up to her mistake. You were dead right on the comment to her parents and that won't happen in my house for sure!
    I ordered my wife of 22 years a White Charger Hellcat on 1/12 but stuck with just a Von for now.
    That's her in the Avatar. Good luck on getting car fixed and a good shop should have no problem getting the color right. At least the car is new- much easier to match compared to a weathered finish!
    Cheers
    Jerry

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They will each get a letter and an applebees dinner on me.
    I've already asked my neighbor who is also a LEO to help me track down the other 3. I only have the name of the officer on the report. I'm not sure if it's right to ask the officer the names and contact info of the others.

Il keep the augusta in mind if I can't find a caliber shop around here.

• Like Like x 3
  11. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got mine at Carmax in Norcross GA for under MSRP. Something that wasn't going to happen at Dodgeland.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They won't beat her ass or probably even punish her! They think she is wonderful & the cruel cops & car owner unnecessarily "traumatized" their precious offspring by confronting her about her actions & questioning her morals (how dare you !!). It's how ppl like that think these days, I see it all the time !

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. MVT

MVT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A Bit^&, but looking at the pictures, a new bumper facia and the clips etc. no metal work is what you want. A good painter hopefully paints the bumper facia and you put it on and hopefully the best match possible. Good nothing paint wise will need to be feathered in.
    It sucks that we don't worry about us, but everybody else.:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Most of the time if people try to thank us LEO and don't have our information it's best to go the police department or headquarters for that agency. Most of the time we won't give out our partner's information.
    Or when you make contact with that officer advise him of your plans and he may have those officers contact you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    WHOA!! sorry for your loss.. could have been MUCH worse.. you seem to have taken it well.

• Agree Agree x 1