Latest Dealership Experience (McKinney, TX) --- Pissed off!!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Hubbs, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Hubbs

Hubbs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Work needed:
    Coolant smell under hood
    Replace a couple of plastic trim pieces
    Check alignment (again...ongoing problem since it was new)
    Update s/w for security issue
    Replace Uconnect bluetooth module

Yesterday I was told to bring the car in when they open (7:00 AM) if I was going to wait on it so they could jump on it and get me out quickly. I verified that the SRT tech would be there at 7:00. We showed up at 6:45.

The service advisor arrived at 7:20 and the SRT tech at 7:45. We wrote things up as a "waiter" and asked that the car not leave the property without us in the car since we caught the other local delaership joy riding in the car. "Not a problem." 1 hour gone.

After another hour we're told the plastic pieces were replaced and they're now looking at the radiator. We wait some more.

At 10:35 we're getting frustrated and walk out to the shop. We find the car parked outside the stall where they had been working on it. We ask the tech for a status and he says he ordered a radiator a couple hours ago and had no idea we were waiting on it. He tells us to take the car and he will call when the radiator arrives so we can bring it back to have it installed. Estimate is about 2:30 PM.

We drive off and notice that they drove the car 7 miles. We go back and ask about it. The answer: "We drive every car on a 7-mile standard route before we work on it." Can you say bulls%*$? I about lost my mind. The service advisor just stands there and says "I understand." and nothing more. The service manager isn't there, so I called and left him a voicemail.

4 hours later we have 2 plastic pieces replaced,a leaky radiator diagnosed and the bluetooth module and radiator ordered.

At 3:15 we get the call that the radiator arrived, but there's no time to install it today due to the cool-down period needed. So now we get to take another day off of work and return to sit for what will proably be several hours while they replace it (and joy ride in the car)...and the bluetooth module which they didn't have in stock and have no idea when they'll get one. Then we can address the alignment. We never even got to that.

I'm at a loss. What can I do about this? My options seem so limited, but I'm pissed!

2. Fionn MacCumhaill

Fionn MacCumhaill Irish A'Hole - Wanna Fight About It!? Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So sorry to hear about your issues! I know you are a better man than me, if I would have explicitly told them not to drive my car without me in it and then found out that they drove it anyways I would have flipped my sh!t and started picking fights. Hope things get worked out for you.

3. MysteryCat

MysteryCat Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    this is typical bullshit i read everyday on this site. i dont mean ur experience is bullshit, i know u r telling the truth. as i said i have a charger hellcat ordered and i really dont care anymore. i dont expect one and dont give a shit if i get one. i would strangle the mechanic that drove ur car. he ran the piss out of it.

4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    my radiator issue took 2 days.....they didnt even give me a rental for free when i asked for one...had to get my wife to drive 40 mins each way to pick me up...shit happens

i wouldnt even know if the bluetooth thing didnt work on mine....never touch it....

i think you may be asking too much, expecting instant service....let them get it done and done right

not sure about the 7 mile test drive.....its possible its a standard operation at your dealer...most dealers know HC owners dont want people driving their cars....he could have beat the hell out of it (i would if i worked there---F ya)...or maybe not........you may want to take a tire wear gauge to your tire before you take it back there....definitely complain that you do not accept their 7 mile test drive unless your in the car...

to me your experience isnt all that bad.....see if your car has some new 0-60 times or a new top speed?

5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There is no way in hell that if I take my car in for service that it will leave my sight... second, there is no reason they need to drive your car,, they can see and smell the Rad, no need to drive it, let it idle... third, the owe you something for having you waste your day there...All these story's makes me not want to take may car in.. you don't even want to know what happened when I ask the dealer where I bought my car from about an oil change,, Lets put it this way, I asked if they have changed the oil on a hellcat, and he said, no, but we have service manuals for that kind of stuff...................Nope, not touching my car..

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Hubbs

Hubbs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No, he didn't. It was in valet mode! :D

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Hubbs

Hubbs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Huggy, yes shit happens but I get upset when it happens because of someone being inconsiderate, unprofessional or just plain stupid.

I use Bluetooth every day. Not that it matters. Not sure what your point is.

A standard 7 mile drive is BS. No way around that. They do not need to drive a customer's car if they're touching up paint (just an example). In my case, the car was warmed up fully when the mechanic got it, so it certianly wasn't needed. You can also trace a leak without it actively leaking. No excuse for it, especially since I specifically requested it not be driven without me.

I don't think he beat the hell out of it since it was in valet mode. It shocks me that you would say you would do it if you worked there. Not a very respectable thing.

8. gabe

gabe Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My radiator replacement took 10 days and they put 12 miles on my hellcat challenger. I was mad but did not say anything because FCA sent me a check for my inconvenience.

9. ramair111

ramair111 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im glad my dealer has true professionals working there. I have no problem with leaving the red fob and even told them to test drive when finished. They said no we will ride along with you when you pick it up. Gave me a new Ram to drive home while they did the work. Small town dealer, I guess they do things different. Sorry about your car issues, I hope they make every thing right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you don't get any satisfaction from the service manager, go up the chain to the GM. I'm talking face to face. I had to do that one time and boy did I get results. Half the time they don't know what's going on in service. What also got me results was putting a review on dealerrater.com. If they're participating dealer, which they probably are, they take that stuff seriously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cenziocars

Cenziocars Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dealership knows this car is a high designation vehicle. Tech curiosity to "try it out" is very tempting and poses risk. Their supervisors should aware of this and on it. Especially after the customers specific designated request is such. I will try find a dealership that gets this. Trust is everything. Your business must continually be earned. Flat out!

12. h3mpking

h3mpking Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I've given up on McKinney Dodge years ago..Go elsewhere.

13. Hubbs

Hubbs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A check??? How much?
    Wow!

14. Hubbs

Hubbs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unfortunately I was burned by both the dealership in Plano and Frisco, so I'm running out of options. Sherman's a bit far.

Plano: Caught joy riding (27 miles checking the alignment) and 2.5 hrs for an oil change

Frisco: Bait and switch, after an hour escalating up management they honored the quoted price. They also didn't rotate my tires after saying they did. Lastly, they left the oil filter so loose it turned a full turn with my finger tips. Leaked everywhere and soaked the full length of the underside of my new truck.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Trucker Bob

Trucker Bob Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They have to drive the Car if you have an alignment problem. But please tell us all about your Alignment. I know these tires can follow cracks in the road what are you experiencing???