Latest dealership service experience...more abuse

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Hubbs, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Hubbs

Hubbs Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, I brought my HC in for an oil change, to diagnose a sloppy light-throttle 4-5 shift and to diagnose a rearend growl when turning. I took the SRT tech that was going to do the work for a ride. I showed him the rearend sound it makes when driving slowly (5 mph or less) and turning, like when parking. He heard it and said he would change the fluid and put in more additive.

As a matter of practice, I reset all the g-force meters and top speed meter when I left it. When I got it back, the accel g-force was .70, the left side was .81 and the front was 1.01. The top speed was 85 mph. I thought these numbers looked really high, especially for the testing that should've been done.

I asked the advisor about it and he spoke to the foreman. Turns out the foreman rode with the tech when testing the car. He said they did circles in a parking lot listening to the rearend, but that's all.

The 85 mph thng is excessive, but I understand how easy it is to hit that when jumping on the highway so I'm giving slack on that.

I went to a large open lot and tested the g forces. 1.01 G's stopping it basically a full panic stop. .81 G's cornering on my all seasons is about all they'll do before the car just slides. That's a full tire screaming 20-30 mph tight turn. The .70 acceleration is all I could get that car to do before the tires would break loose. Basically a WOT accel from a stop. (500 hp mode - black key, which was left to allow him to check out the shifting issue)

Under these conditions they wouldn't be able to listen to the rearend anyway, so I think that's bs.

What are your thoughts on whether this was abusive or not? I definately think so, but I'm wondering what you all think.

2. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can't say any of that surprises me. I would confront the dealer about it and take the GM a ride if he doesn't believe you. If the do nothing find somewhere else to get your car serviced. Also ask them for an FCA satisfaction survey to provide feedback on their service quality.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Technology in these car allows us to track and follow this type of crap people do when they have our cars. The threat of the car being stolen from a dealership alone is scary enough. Now you have to worry about a technician abusing your car. The FCA survey that come to you after the dealership processes the warranty claim, I would give them notice that they pulled that stunt. I know first hand of the survey and how important it is to the dealership. I am a service manager at a Chrysler jeep dodge store. Everyone in that dealership who matters including the owner will get your survey. It is based on a 1-10 satisfaction scale. "0" are the worst and "10" Is the best. Dealerships are given types of incentive money for sales and service that ultimately can be affected by a bad CEI survey.

I will tell you that I would be pissed

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've heard this kind of story before. This is the reason why I don't take my car in to service for every little squeak, rattle and paint blemish. Not saying all are bad but this is a special car and tempting to abuse. Major issues must be dealt with but I'll put up with annoyances rather than take it in. It's sad but its really a crap shoot when you bring it in to service.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You have a complaint with every dealer that touches your car. I give my dealer the red key, tell them to have fun and go on my day. I don't check any of that stuff because I don't care. It is under warranty. If they break it they have to fix it. There are bigger things in life to worry about.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
  6. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Funny, love the hellcat family!!!lol

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hell Catmandu

Hell Catmandu Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Always, always put your Hellcat in valet mode when you can't be there to watch your baby. I realize the techs have to test it but they don't need to beat it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    make a complaint about drivetrain noise and thats what you should expect. nothing to get twisted about.

move on.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Eric B.

Eric B. Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You mind me asking which dealer in DFW you took it to? I highly recommend Frisco CDJR, that is the ONLY dealer in the DFW area that will EVER service one of the Hellcat's for me.

I personally think it is a bit excessive, but I have left our 2015 R/T Classic @ Dallas Dodge, and they ran the car up to 159mph, so I guess anything is possible o_O

10. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That sucks.. I'd be pissed!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. carcass

carcass SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd be upset if they didn't push the car to find out what its doing and if there is a problem, but I've found my tech and I'm sticking with him, he's a local amateur drifter, and after talking with him at length about cars I'm pleased that he's going to push the car if needed for testing.
    I want to develop a good working relationship with a dealer as mutual trust needs to be there to get good service. I'd fully love to completely void the warranty with high HP mods but I can't afford to replace the motor if it goes without warranty right now, so to the dealer its going for every scheduled stop.
    That being said if I go in only for an oil change and the car comes out with a top speed like that I'd raise an eyebrow. But the cars meant for speed and if the tires still look okay, they didn't smoke the clutch or use up all my gas, then share the fun, let a brother run the thing a bit.

12. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I worked at a dealer many years ago in service and new cars. When you drop your car off its at the mercy of whoever has access to the keys. I've seen techs or mechanics choose a random car to go to lunch in. I've seen a few rag on the performance cars that were in. With the new technology at least you can monitor.

13. sparrky

sparrky Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Greetings. Local Bay Area resident here expecting my HC PCP in a couple of weeks. Can someone recommend a NorCal Dealer for service and warranty work? Thanks in advance. ;)

14. sparrky

sparrky Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are we owners suppose to bend over for this kind of possible abuse when service is needed for our cars? Here's a thought, maybe place a tracking device in the trunk or DashCam for "reference.":cool:

15. kenhebe

kenhebe Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I highly doubt that happened. It would take a long time for an R/T to hit that speed. I would be willing to bet the car was in the air and they hit the throttle while in gear giving a false reading.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1