Launch control on A8

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Krazy98Z28, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Krazy98Z28

Krazy98Z28 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can you raise the launch rpm on a A8? I believe it is defaulted to 1850 rpm, can this be raised higher like the manual?

2. Mtr

Mtr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, it's adjustable in the autos too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Krazy98Z28

Krazy98Z28 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How high can it be raised? How does that work does in engage like a trans brake on a race transmission?

4. pinetreecat

pinetreecat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    At 3k rpm car is making 250ft lbs torque and just under 450 hp. Not much sense in going higher due to traction and drivelines.

5. Bubba871

Bubba871 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its in the SRT Performance Pages on your NAV/Display screen. Its under Race Options, then Launch control.
    On the A8 you can set 1,500 to 3,500 RPM. On the 6sp you can set 2,000 to 4,500RPM

6. Rocky_Rhode

Rocky_Rhode Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You need some serious rubber on the hind end before launch control is effective. I believe, but have nothing to back up my statement, is that Launch Control is something akin to having a Trans break with a variable stall torque converter. You set the engine RPM, ie point you want the transmission to engage, and the transmission uses multiple gears between 0-62 mph in order to reduce wheel slippage. Its does "ok", but you can easily roll into the throttle, "with some learning" and achieve better results. Set your RPM to high and you boil the rubber off the tires causing it to disengage.

7. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not much sense in using the launch control at all.. It doesn't work right and you are better off launching on your own. I have a theory as to why that I've stated in a similar thread that is currently still going but still needs to be tested.. Just know that the launch control is worthless for now. Not even dodges own drivers used it for their cetified times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Krazy98Z28

Krazy98Z28 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I dont own a hellcat yet..plan to buy April 2016 so just trying to research how everything works...i can only assume if you can set the launch to 3500 rpm and have a good tire this car should 60ft better than just stabbing the throttle...i assume you load the suspension foot braking it