Launch Control Problems with M6

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Antimatter, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Antimatter

Antimatter SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I finally passed the break-in period and launch control is now available. I was with a friend last night and thought I'd give it a shot. I pressed the button, and followed the instructions. I had the clutch down and put the gas on. The problem is that the RPMs kept going up, I thought they were supposed to hold at 3,000 or so?? I took my foot off the gas at about 5,000 RPM and decided to just go without LC.

I did 0-60 in 4.4 without LC, would love to see what I can do with it. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Would have played more with LC, but after a couple runs and all the noise, I start getting nervous that the cops are coming. :D

Thanks in advance!

2. 1949chopper

1949chopper NC STATE PRESIDENT Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You have to preselect rpm to hold at. Then... Press LC button. Depress clutch and rapidly (stomp) the gas pedal to floor. Now release clutch rapidly. Hold gas to floor. Now, that being said, many variables to adjust here. If you setvrpm too high. Spin city. Too low, bogs and barely moves. Slip clutch and you'll burn it up. Side step it and who knows. Then you have the 4 traction control modes. I gave up and just go old school. No LC and traction control off

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am the traction control.....

4. Antimatter

Antimatter SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Geeeezzz. Maybe I'll just keep working in my manual launches (old school launch system).

Has anyone seen LC ultimately do better than without it?