Launch Control Questions

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by GoodCaptain, Apr 26, 2016.

1. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    In my 2015 SRT 392 Charger it was always safe fun to play with the launch control. In street mode the car did 4.5 seconds with reasonable ease as long as I had a good road surface. The safety protocols always kept the car in a straight line. Heck, I even did the 4.5 with two people in the car!

[​IMG]

I've had no chance to try the launch control in the Hellcat and my car is still a few (?) days away, plus the 500 needed to open the launch control ap.

So my simple question: In street mode will the Charger Hellcat also behave itself when doing launches? It seems that everything I've heard and seen says yes, but how does a launch control run differ with the extra HP. Once my 392 got to 3rd gear, the grip was solid and it would be a clean run every time. Is the Hellcat the same, or will it be squirrely through higher gears?

Thanks for your thoughts...

Robert

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. BD2DBONE

BD2DBONE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In the Hellcat I do 4.5 when its cold and there's nearly no traction and I lose patience. Haven't played with launch control and haven't seen much posted on it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Street mode with traction control in same will keep you stablized but the engine and A8 will still overpower the tires...too much torque. With good conditions you'll have to feather and roll on the throttle with care. It's certainly not a dump and go as WOT will cause excessive wheel spin. You'll find that it can still break the tires loose in 2nd or 3rd if you roll on too hard too soon.

So many have said it before...practice, practice, practice! and besides it's where all the fun is

4. Aarcuda

Aarcuda Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ive tried launch control on the street and itll still smoke the tires for a good 30'. I get better 0-60mph times feathering the pedal. I havent given up on launch control yet. I want to try it at the track and see if maybe the stickier surface helps but at my local track they dont prep it well and theres usually water drops at the start line from people using the water box to do their burnouts w street tires