Letter from Dodge explaining the Hellcat allocation process.

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by RapidTransit5, Jan 10, 2015.

1. RapidTransit5

RapidTransit5 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    This is from Dodge regarding the dealer allocation process.....

The excitement surrounding the introduction of the Dodge Challenger and Charger SRT Hellcat has been overwhelming. That excitement for the most powerful muscle cars in history has driven product demand at an unprecedented rate and many enthusiasts have placed orders at a local dealer without understanding if/when that dealer will receive an SRT Hellcat. As we listen to our customer feedback, it has become apparent that incomplete and inaccurate information abounds regarding the process by which SRT Hellcat production is allocated to our dealer body. We want to clear up any confusion that exists.

Any Dodge/SRT dealer can place orders for as many SRT Hellcats as they wish. However, because the factory can only build a specified number of SRT Hellcats each month, we prioritize each month’s available production to our dealers based on the following criteria:
    · The number of total Dodge/SRT branded products (any model) a dealer has sold in the last 90 days (higher volume = higher priority)
    · The number of SRT Hellcats a dealer already has in stock (higher stock = lower priority)
    · The average number of days each SRT Hellcat remained on a dealer’s lot unsold in the prior month (more days = lower priority)

These criteria are intended to distribute all available SRT Hellcats to customers in the shortest time possible. Every Dodge/SRT dealer is evaluated based on these criteria in the first week of every month and available production is allocated to dealers accordingly. When demand exceeds available production, not all dealer orders can be accommodated.

Additional production capacity occasionally becomes available between allocation periods due to increased efficiency, supplier part availability, etc. When this occurs, we allocate the additional production to dealers based on the following criteria:
    · Dealer overall sales performance
    · The age of any existing unfilled orders (older = higher priority)
    · The type of order - customer or dealer stock? (customer = higher priority)
    · Vehicle configuration requested by unfilled orders

We remain committed to delivering as many SRT Hellcats as possible.

Thank you for your passion, enthusiasm and patience,
    Dodge & SRT Brand

• Useful Useful x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    welcome, thats an interesting first post with no names , dates, or times.. but i read it on the intrnet it must be true :D JK what color cat are you getting?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Haven't we heard this song??? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BlackCat15

BlackCat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I would love to know how they're doing it in Canada as I don't think it's the same allocation process.

I'd read previously that US orders for dealers that had bought a SRT franchise would get priority. Is that not the case as this seems to use Dodge/SRT interchangeably? How many people have received Challengers they ordered from a small town dealership either with or without SRT branding?

It's too bad some dealers will never see a Hellcat based on their size / sales.

5. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So basically this is exactly what was said in September but with a different order of the words....

OP...a little more detail about where you got this would be helpful, although like I said it's old news anyway

6. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Where'd you hear that from? The Internet? :D sounds legit though

7. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have to admit the wording, spelling, and sentence structure looks very corporate and not like something made up and hacked together. I give it a 50-50 chance of being legit without seeing further proof.

8. Joschoice

Joschoice Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm a believer because this is exactly what has happened in MI. Visited a very large dealer near our house that pumps out the Chrysler units but doesn't sell many Dodge/SRT's. They had an allocation of two vehicles, which were filled and sold at $7,000 over MSRP. Downstate where we ordered our two Hellcat's we dealt with a dealer that really exceeds the mark in selling Dodge/SRT's and no problem, cars ordered, VON's to VIN's within 6 weeks and now the 1st one is done in less than 8 weeks even with the holidays... I guess this should be a good lesson when interviewing dealership that want to take your money.

9. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    interviewing a dealership? i should have, and hind sight is 20/20 but Silly me, i was under the impression i could just walk into a dealer flying the corporate flag and order a car... how would i know a dealers national sales figures and allotted cars and , why should i?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Cat-Man-Do

Cat-Man-Do Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    agree with above comment i.e. why should the consumer have to do homework? Say I've been buying dodge product from my local small town dealers for years and now I can't by another Dodge from him and expect a decent response from corp? It's the moral equivalent of going into a rural mcdonalds and not big able to buy quarter pounders because they only get allocated 10:1 burger patties...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    why wouldn't it be legit? It's the same thing that was said when allocation stuff first came out months ago? It's just a rehashed version.

12. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As of today, over 1700 Hellcats built and 1,000 projected for the January-February allocation.

13. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Personally, whether it is a legit statement from Dodge or not, I feel the allocation process is crap. I used a small dealership, and have had my car for almost a month now, where a lot of people went to these large dealerships, placed their name on a long list (along with their deposit), and are getting shafted by not only the greedy mark up by the huge dealership, but the fact that the waiting list is so long that it will most likely be the end of summer until they see their cars, IF then. The allocation might have looked good on paper, been logical in theory, but it is NOT working. Chrysler needs to get this straightened out, fast, because they are losing customers, and the customers that ARE sticking it out, are disgusted and losing faith the the company they trusted. This is unprofessional at worst, negligent to the customer base at best. They should have just accepted and filled the orders as they came in, no matter what dealership it came from. My opinion, your mileage may vary.

April

PS- If the rumors are true that they are offering the Hellcats in other colors later in the year, then my Hellcat will officially be the last Chrysler vehicle I will ever purchase. I placed a call to Dodge SRT division the day after my car was ordered, and begged them to allow me to pay a fee to get the car in the color I wanted. I was not asking for anything exotic, just one of three colors they have used on previous/recent model years: Toxic Orange, B5 Blue, or Plum Crazy. I was told no, there were no exceptions, and now I am hearing rumors that one or more of the colors I wanted are going to be available later in the year? I mean ... WTF? If that rumor comes to pass, I am done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    (1) The age of any existing unfilled orders (older = higher priority)
    The (2) type of order - customer or dealer stock? (customer = higher priority)

Those should have been the priority from the get-go.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  15. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well with production rumored to ramp up soon and other individuals getting info from their dealerships saying the allocation process is going to be removed i think we may be finally seeing orders go by order date instead of being screwed.

Basically saying the system should be

1a) Customer Order = priority > see 2
    1b) Dealer order = not priority > see 4
    2a) Date of customer order priority > see 3a
    3a) Customer order delivered and sold > final
    3b) Customer order delivered but not sold > no further orders allowed till sold
    4) dealer order still on lot after week = no further orders allowed till sold

our current system

1) **** off

• Funny Funny x 4