LH Side Glass Part Number?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by rollieman, May 22, 2016.

1. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looking for the Mopar part number for the drivers side window for a 2016 Hellcat Challenger?

Thank you !

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    pm me your VIN and i'll specify the part for you.

3. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ouch, you break?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. fnkychkn

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    4816143AB

5. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nope ---- brought it to a car show last week and noticed a slight vertical line about 5" long which I thought was just a dirt or a streak, so re-cleaned it and it was still there which unfortunately wound up being a scratch because it caught my fingernail.
    Called SRT and they informed me it's NOT covered under warranty even though the car has only 119 miles on it. I still plan on calling the dealer today to see what they think whereas my concern is there may be something inside the door channel that's causing the scratch? I would hate to install another piece of glass and have it immediately scratch again, ----- interestingly when I entered the car show I lowered the window for the first time!
    If the dealer isn't willing to help me then I'm prepared to have a glass shop do the job, thus why I wanted the part number that fnkychkn got for me.

6. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you ---- you're the best !!

7. fnkychkn

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    typically, glass is only covered for defects. scratches are not defects. i would think your dealer would still cover it for you since the mileage is so low. they should definitely inspect for the cause of the scratch.

If they won't cover it, the glass is not expensive. $67.50 CAD (i'm guessing ~$50 USD). labour should be less than one hour.

8. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Keep us posted on the dealership and the cause... Inside or outside surface of the glass?

Gotta be something in the door if it scratched the glass the first time it was put down. If it is a defect from manufacturing or assembly, it will be covered under warrenty.

Try putting a piece of scotch tape on the scratch and lowering the window about half way to see if the tape is damaged. If not, then try 3/4 way down and examine the tape.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. fnkychkn

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Could be a small rock/pebble imbedded in the belt moulding/seal.

10. Steven_sbs

Steven_sbs Browncoats Unite Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I just read about this same problem on another new Hellcat, over on a board where they do a lot of challenger talking. That makes two with the same problem. Tell your dealer. They may be able to call SRT and if several people are reporting the same problem, there might be a common cause that Dodge will cover. If you do pay anything out of pocket, save your receipts in case you can get reimbursed later.

11. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Try putting a piece of scotch tape on the scratch and lowering the window about half way to see if the tape is damaged. If not, then try 3/4 way down and examine the tape.[/QUOTE]

I just did that and it's a great idea by the way, I didn't see any mark on the tape so who knows ??? ---- fnkychkn may be right about being a small pebble in the molding seal, it may have dislodged itself thus why no mark on the tape??

Anyway I just called the dealer and they want me to make an appointment to have some kind of digital picture of the scratch which then has to be submitted to SRT for authorization, then another appointment to have it done assuming they agree to do it, as I pointed out SRT already said they wouldn't !

So the hell with them, I'll just purchase the glass on my own and have my local glass shop who's done some excellent work for me in the past on my 1966 Corvette. This local Dodge dealer is very small and their parking lot is a disaster waiting to happen with cars cluttered and jammed next to one another, at times it's impossible to even find a parking space!

Thank you all for your help!

12. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Make it 3, I've had a small (1 inch) horizontal kind of white line in the middle of the drivers side windows for awhile. I noticed it one day and didn't think much of it but have no idea how it got there. It isn't big enough to justify having it fixed IMO.

13. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A hammer can fix it for you

14. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't tell Flo from Progressive.