Life span of CQuarts?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by Hemi1632, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Let me start by saying the pictures of cars with CQuarts on them are incredible, the shine is great. The appeal to me is that you don't need to wax the cat for years and it will still look as you just waxed it.

I don't mind waxing, but I was told by an old painter that no matter how good the wax is every time you apply and polish the car you take a little away from the finish.
    So with not needing to wax for years CQuarts must be good! But I learned today there are different levels of CQuarts, if you want the good stuff you have to go to a certified installer that will do a paint correction before they apply the product.

So my question is..... Is the incredible look due to the CQuarts or the paint correction? Also what happens after 2 years? Does the CQuarts just stop shinning? Does it start flaking off? Does this stuff need to be buffed off, because it is permanent?

I know products have improved over the years but we had a Plymouth trail duster that we bought new, had a paint sealer put on, and it shined for years! But then it started to turn white and flake off. To fix it, it had to be buffed down to the base coat.

I am just wondering what happens to CQuarts after a few years?

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You take it back to CQuartz for evaluation right before 2 years.

3. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That sounds like a good idea but I was wondering if anyone has used it on another car? How long has CQuarts been around?

The results speak for themselves, the cars that had it gone look great!
    I just was looking for some more info before I got it done.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    After proper paint correction your car should look fantastic, regardless of what you do afterwards.

Anytime you touch the surface your introducing micro marring. Between applications a lot of maintenance can be done with liquids and air to minimize. Liquids chosen based on your coating choice.

Coating longevity is a function of what you expose your car too, and your maintenance methods for the type you apply. For example my CQF will last indefinitely. Because the original treatments are supplemented.

I think there are many nano coatings that will produce and they have advantages over other products.

On cost you could select a nano coat that would deliver awesome results at a lower cost of a pro application. If I chose that route, I'd have the base paint professionally corrected first. Which imo, is the primary factor on producing a show quality finish, whichever way you go. This way will be more labor intensive. But product costs will be lower, with no sacrifices in performance.

5. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My installer told me to come for a refresh wash every 6 month to one year. I wash mine by hand every weekend and it still shines and repels water like it did the first day. He said if it's taken care of, it can last 2 years, maybe more. I will say that it has saved my ass a few times when my vacuum tipped over and fell into the car…made a small mark and I was able to use quick detailer and it came right off. The top coat of the car is definitely harder and stronger now.

6. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks TC1, I am leaning toward having it done, most of her life She will be kept inside out of the sun and she will never see snow, but I will go on road trips, a few track days, some cruse nights.... and wanted to protect the paint the best that I can. It sounds like most are happy with Cquartz I was just wondering if anybody has some long term results?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bob

Bob Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Depending on how you store and maintain your car the coating could last longer. The 2 years is just a warranty and that could be for a car stored outside in the elements. So a car pampered would last longer. Also, they make a product called "Reload" that can be used periodically to keep the coating working at its fulliest potential. That is applied like your detailing your car and can be done yearly and you do not need a professional to do it. That's what I plan to do.

8. WANACAT

WANACAT Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TC1- What exactly do you mean that your CQF will last indefinitely because your original treatments are supplemented?

9. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sounds like a plan! I think I am going to do like hayabusa did and get the Cquartz and the xpel done.
    But where do I get the "reload" at?

10. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just got my car back today and WOW!
    As always, Paint correction is key to the shine. Didn't see mine between correction and coating to see what the cquartz did, but the end result is simply fantastic!
    Now to see the results from the real world longevity test. Mine is pitch black and driven everyday. Parking outside with the Salty beach air and sun with the smog should be a good test.
    I'm told with proper maintenance will last longer than two years. As mentioned previously, a good shop will keep it indefinitely with proper updating and reapplication. To me, that's worth it to not have to wax it all the time. Plus, less contact hopefully equals less swirls, so it's win, win for me!
    Now to buy the support products from carpro

11. Shasta's Dad

Shasta's Dad Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I live in the Florida panhandle and I had my cat done by Presidential Detailing, in Tampa. Billy is a nice young man that seems to really take pride in his work. I dropped it off Wednesday night and he drove me to my hotel. He kept me up-dated about the process. I picked it up on Saturday at 12:30. It looked fantastic. I didn't take a before pic, other than the few I've taken since I got it. He took pics after it was done, I'll post some when I get them. I also had the clear bra done on the front "bumper". Ryan did the clear bra, he was also working Saturday. I had the fortunate(got to see how it did), or, unfortunate time of driving home(412mi) in the rain. It did not rain the entire trip, but, when I got home, you couldn't tell I had been in the rain at all. I am completely satisfied with my decision to have it done. If you're "near" Tampa, and decide to have the CQuartz Finest done, I don't believe you can go wrong with using Billy.:D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hemi1632

Hemi1632 BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thans for the review S.D, there are two places by me that are Cquartz finest installers, they both do the Xpel clear bra, and window tinting. I'm getting a quote from the second place on Tuesday. The quote was $2100 from the first place, it seams like a bit expensive? I guess I'll see what the second quote looks like?

• Agree Agree x 1