Life with The Hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by BlueBomber, Jun 4, 2015.

1. BlueBomber

BlueBomber Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I would like to hear everyones experience so far with living with their hellcat. Mine is arriving tomorrow but i would like to hear the good and bad so far.

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Just posted on mine

3. 707SRT8

707SRT8 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Pick a thread and read on and on there is Awesome stories to coolant leaks sadness. Congrats on your Cat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. BlueBomber

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks guys im new to the whole forum thing. Cant wait to have my charger and hope some of horror stories were ironed out

5. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome to the forum Blue...lots of great info here. Just hang with us and you will be very knowledgeable on all things HC soon. New member questions and input are welcomed. Glad you're with us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    There is no bad...except its a badass beast that is easy and fun to drive!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i really dont have any complaints.....its not perfect, but i never expected perfection..........go into it with the attitude of where dodge compared to other car companies and you will not be surprised with minor quality issues....for $65k i dont see you getting this much car anywhere else.....its an amazing car

i complained a lot about my 2011 IE when i got it.......but i hadn't fully accepted Dodge for what it is....my 2nd Dodge is a much improved car.....a bit more dirt in the paint than my 2011, but quality wise its in better shape than my 2011 was........i do have an annoying coolant leak smell that im taking my time to return to dodge for a repair, but i have 3 years and its not a major thing....they will figure it out next time its in for service...

if your expecting perfection for $65k your going to be dissapointed......if your expecting some minor flaws/issues, but over all a good car you will be very pleased....

performance wise---its above all expectations for $65k......you cant touch it for a 5 passenger car from any other brand

8. Ray Hunsaker

Ray Hunsaker Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    congrats....your gonna luv it, it's everything and more. sovon that note no sleep for you!!!! lol

9. Ray Hunsaker

Ray Hunsaker Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    huggy do you smell coolant threw when windows are down? I swear I get a slight whiff only when window is open only, but it might be in my head. sorry in advance for hijack.

10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i catch random whiffs....windows down, walking past the car...through the vents.......sometimes nothing, other times a quick whiff...its definitely there, but its hit or miss......i dont think its going to be an easy find....i keep thinking its something that seals itself back up when fully warmed up...most of the time i smell it the car is in the process of warming up.........its not there 98% of the time......i need to call the dealership for the fuel rail recall....ill just plan on leaving it there for a few days with dr.buick...no puddles on the floor ever....so its very, very minor....they found 1 leak, but now there's 1 more somewhere....just hoping its not the heads....ive had that issue before with a 1980's chevy and it took 4x's into the repair shop to find it.....you get a leak when warming up because the metals heat up and expand at different temps...when fully warmed up they seal......its exactly what i am experiencing with the HC......Jim will find it....now i just need to get it to him

11. BlueBomber

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That sound awesome im actually trying to strain myself from going tonight and crashing somewhere near. As i here the Hellcat is here but it wont be available till tomorrow . I currently have a 13 Charger srt8 and i have no complaints besides wanting more power. so im extremely positive about the hellcat. Ive also test driven the 15 Charger 392 and find quite an improvement in quality. Are most of these issues specific to the Challenger or Charger as well?

12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i came from a 2011 392 A5...so you will be impressed as much by the A8 as you are the 707hp....i recommend getting a set of nitto's for the rear asap

since you are coming from a Dodge product you will be very pleased...you know what to expect just like i did coming from my 2011

look your paint over for dirt.....my 2011 white had no dirt at all.....my 2015 sublime has some dirt in the paint, but nothing anyone would notice unless you stare very close.....with white i would be fussier though...

random coolant issues dont seem too common.....they exist, but most are fine.....i think dirt in the paint is #1 issue

the exhaust note will also be a dramatic change...especially on initial start up....it rattles my garage door even when its rolled up/over head.....my wife had a concussion this winter...it hurt her head to be near my hc at startup...very cool stuff

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. superbeegugs

superbeegugs Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My Hellcat Charger gets lots of strange looks. Some people recognize it and say "@$%# - that's a Hellcat and take photos of it. I absolutely love it. Lot's of cool stuff on the SRT pages to play with. I like the monthly status report the car sends to my computer telling me the tire pressures and other stuff.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. BlueBomber

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the heads up on the paint . I'll be sure to take a look at that hopefully if its dirty its not to noticeable on the b5 pearl. I actually think dodge's interior is better than its competitors maybe only being edged out by the caddy and the euros but their sure aren't as roomy .

15. Shake&Bake

Shake&Bake Back to (1) Club?

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are a lot of Cats in Houston, where do you live?