For Sale LIKE NEW Osram 66340 D3S CBI HID bulbs

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Nitemare, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    About 10 hours of use. Still need a few dozen hours to burn in, brighten up a bit, and turn their much sought after color! Only selling because I have an older pair with about a year of use on them, and wanted to see if there was any difference between years of production. My old set still burns just as bright, and I've been experimenting with other HID bulbs, so I wanted to pass these along to someone who would benefit from them!

Asking $170 via PayPal, shipped!

Ordered from TRS (guaranteed legit - authenticity code/sticker included) about a month ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Bump, price drop to $150!

3. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    How do these compare to stock headlamps?

4. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Slightly higher color temperature (cool white) while maintaining the same brightness - something no other bulbs can accomplish.

Price drop to $140!

5. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Still have these. $130 shipped!

6. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Bump!

7. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member HOTM Winner

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How difficult to change?

Same part number for Challenger?

8. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Sorry, didn't get an email notification.

Yes, same bulb, D3S.
    It's really simple honestly, but I took my sweet time the first time I changed HID bulbs (have done it about 2 dozen times across 5 vehicles now). Steps I take:

1. Start on driver side (more room) by removing air box.
    2. Dust cap is a short twist to remove. Don't drop it into the engine bay.
    3. Use a camera or crane your head down there and use a flashlight to look inside the headlight housing now. You'll see the bulb slotted in there, a black ring with 2 opposing finger/thumb tabs around the base of the bulb (towards the front of the vehicle), and the wiring/connector plugged into the bulb.
    4. Twist the black ring using the finger tabs (lefty loosey - also, the tabs will be touching the side of the bulb and can obviously only turn one direction to unlock when you look at them) - the ring may be a little snug, but it will loosen pretty easily.
    5. Once the ring is loosened (about 1/4 turn), the bulb will pull straight out - may take a little bit of force again. You can only pull the bulb out so far with the wire harness still connected. Hold the bulb in one hand, and pull down at the harness/connector with the other. It should pop right off with a bit of force. If not, you may need to use a flathead to gently pry at it (work your way around).
    6. Slide the black ring off the old bulb and onto the new bulb (it literally slides off/on from the side, there is an open end to it). Connect new bulb to wiring harness, and carefully place back into the HID projector - there are about 12-16 metal teeth that will ALL slide over the base. It should firmly sit in place. If you think you have it inserted properly, give the bulb a wiggle - if it moves at all, it's probably not in correctly. Use a camera or your eyes to really look around. You'll see what I mean. Lock the retaining ring by giving it 1/4 turn.
    7. Pull on bulb and attempt to move it around - should be solidly in place.
    8. Replace dust cover, voila.

Passenger side is same minus airbox, but slightly more awkward since the washer bottle is in your way. You need to use sterile latex/nitrile gloves, as skin oil can cause premature bulb failure. Avoid touching the bulb glass as much as you can. I believe I have pictures up here somewhere... there's at least 1 video on YouTube as well, but they do it through removing the wheel well liner (totally unnecessary).

9. Nitemare

Nitemare Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Sold.