Look at you doors!

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Hemibuck, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So I was wiping down my Charget cat today and noticed that in front of the drivers side rear door there was a lot of rock damage. I thought how the hell is this possible?! I have rock guards it's not happening on any other doors. In fact I have never seen this on any of my cars ever. Just 6 inches of the leaf edge beat up from road debris. Well I took her in and the autobody guy said the door is sticking out enough that when you turn it's hitting the edge that is sticking out. He then said that these doors are not adjustable. I said well the car is only 6 months old and only 3500 miles. Imagine what it will look like in another year! It wI'll be down to the metal. He agreed and said they come with a certain degree of play from the factory. I said I didn't pay 70k for a car that chips it's paint just from driving it. He said he would try to fix it and if they couldn't they would clear bra it. Sad but at least I caught it early enough that it's only a few chips. Here are some pics. They are also going to fix the sagging leather drivers seat at the same time. 20160405_181410.jpg 20160405_181344.jpg

2. ArchGE

ArchGE VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    Interesting, have not seen that one yet over many forum posts.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It's definitely an odd one. Never seen it in all my years of owning cars but it's there. It took me a bit to figure it out.

One sales guy said don't drive it so fast. I said ahhhh no it's a Hellcat not a minivan. Some people are just idiots.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Looks like a good reason to contact SRT and put them on notice about the situation. Documentation and notifications are your best friend going forward when you need artifacts to support a compliant that factory configurations/conditions were not right.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    The dealer is going to fix it. So when it is taken care of and they take the pics they need I will contact them. Don't wanna put the cart in front of the horse. My dealer is being super cool about it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. spbmopar

spbmopar Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just shouldn't be... I love the new Dodges, but the quality is far surpassed by other mfg's. As for the seats, I've seen a lot of this. I chose to go with the Napa leather and hopefully avoid this issue on my new Hellcat order.

7. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed. I have 2 other Mopars with 4 doors and don't have this problem. It's sad but can be fixed.

8. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My OCD nephew and I drove around for two months trying to find the perfect Hellcat. He found something wrong with everyone. The doors weren't perfect, the hood had a crease, the fender stuck out etc etc. We finally found the "perfect" one. It's been two months and 1300 miles and the hood doesn't lay as flat and even as it was when I bought it. Not by much like a 1/16 of an inch higher on one side . If you want perfection and want it to last buy a $500k hand made Rolls Royce or Ferrari. By the way if that was like that when you bought it you didn't look it over good enough.

9. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    30k honda accords have better body panel alignment, dodge has always been sloppy since they brought back the challenger in 2008. They just continue to be a sub-par brand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    By the way at the same time I was looking at Hellcat s I was looking at corvette s. Let me tell you we found some bad ones. Some of the paint jobs looked like they used a roller brush especially on the darker ones.

11. Hemibuck

Hemibuck Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'm more than happy with my first model year HC. I accept some flaws to drive it first.

• Winner Winner x 1