looking at Jazz blue hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Mopar22, Jan 9, 2016.

1. Mopar22

Mopar22 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all, I am new here and thought I would ask all the hellcat owners if there is a big power difference from the 392 vs the hellcat? I currently own a 2012 challenger srt8 392 and have waited a year until the hellcat prices have come down closer to msrp. I found one locally for $67,000 but when I really think about the payment I would have ; I hesitate. My track is at 5,000 ft and the DA is usually up around 7500ft , would the HC perform well up here? With my 392 on DR's ,93 octane custom tune the best I have run is 12.8. $67,000 is a lot of money and I just do not want buyers remorse. Any advice is appreciated.

2. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Watching to see where this goes...

3. ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    HELLCAT HAS A RADICAL NAME AND THATS WHAT U GET!!! Could U just imagine being in the wild and its night time and a HELLCAT comes upon you......YIKES YIKES YIKES:(:(:( It would TEAR U UP SO BAD u would wish to DIE:mad:
    That's what the HELLCAT does to the WANNA BEES. I owned the Challenger SRT 15 and traded for the Hellcat 16 Challenger. And I am getting ready to trade my 15 Charger SRT for a 16 Charger Hellcat. Just no comparison:D
    And yeah they ain't cheap but that's what separates the Wanna bees and the HAVES:rolleyes:

SHE JUST BREATHES HEAVY!!!! She rumbles and your ears vibrate my hearing aids ring in my ears and no BS on that.
    image.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i went from a 2011 392 A5 to a 2015 HC a8......no comparison......handling i guess is similar....but braking is better(a bit) and acceleration is significantly better

2011 392 a5 --0-60 best 4.3 (most got 4.5+)
    2015 HC A8-- 0-60 best 3.4 (some get 2.9)

its like 25% faster

i sold my 2011 and had to put $30k into getting a HC......glad i did

my best 1/4 is 11.2 and i really dont know what im doing (3x's at the track)

the blue you like is a really different color.....its very dark....are you sure you want such a dark color? i like it, but dont think id want to deal with any color so close to black....its never going to look clean

widen your search to more than your local dealer.....were now in the middle of winter and ill bet you may even find under msrp in the upper midwest or north east......

good luck on your search

• Like Like x 1
  5. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Much better acceleration than any 392....I owned one. Night and day. Get what color you want, PCP is dark too but people are buying them like crazy. Even Huggy's track partner said he regrets not trading in for another Jazz Blue!

6. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The power really isn't comparable at all. There's such a vast difference. I had a 15 Scat Pack and lost some money trading it in, but it's worth it. I think what you're hearing is pretty consistent. If you can swing the price of the Hellcat and you have a good hint you might regret choosing the 6.4L over the 6.2L just go for the Hellcat.

I got PCP, but I admit I like the Jazz Blue. It's also going to likely be one of the rarest colors for the car. Most people go for the brighter colors in the Challenger.

7. altitudejunkie

altitudejunkie Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpeg

I traded my wife's 14' srt8 challenger for her 15' hellcat. Both are six speed cars. Jazz blue is an awesome color in full sunlight. Jazz blue is more rare color wise. There were only 34 cars built like hers in 2015. No question the difference in power is worth the extra money. Are you looking at a m6 or a8?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  8. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I drove a scat pack and it has plenty of power, but you don't buy a car because it has "plenty of power". The hellcat has neck snapping crazy power and if you live in high altitudes you ought to have a Hellcat because of the supercharger. The last think you need is a turbo civic beating your SRT...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. tmccloskey330

tmccloskey330 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I too had a 2012 srt8. Mine was a m6, I traded for a 16 hellcat a8. THERE IS NO COMPARISON. This thing is wicked quck, has a much better interior, and sounds like nothing else out there. It is worth paying that payment each month. ( At least for me)

10. 1FSTCAT

1FSTCAT The Punisher

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Four SRTs and two Hellcats later...there is ABSOLUTELY NO comparison to performance of the Hellcat. None. I loved every 392 SRT I had, they were awesome...but I never had that smile that won't go away every time I hit the start button. It's an amazing car. Don't think, just do...you won't regret it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mopar22

Mopar22 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm looking for a A8 for sure, the Jazz blue was the only A8 I could find in my area so that is why I am considering it. My choice of color would be the granite but have yet to find one in the 2015 model.

All, thanks for your input now I have a better idea of what I will do.

12. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know if this helps you but I have several friends with 2015 Scat Packs or SRT392's. They are great cars and they really like them. When they get in my car for a ride (or drive) their eyes bug out of their heads. I'd say YES there is a big power difference... Is it enough for you to warrant a large payment? Only you can decide. The Apache equipped cars are excellent, the Hellcat just takes it up a few notches into the realm of crazy.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Buy the Hellcat!!! No Regrets!!

14. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    granite is not a popular color.....one warning with picking a rare color.....its rare for a reason...its not popular and may be a issue if you plan on selling in a few years....

I like bold colors for a muscle car......id prefer B5 or PCP......but jazz blue is attractive on a HC also.....

do a 1500 mile search for Granite, make your deal then fly/drive there and get it

• Like Like x 1
  15. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i like his B5 better.....but his black chrome wheels looked better on Jazz blue than B5....both look good in the end.....i prefer a color that looks good in sun/shade.....not relying on full sun to show off.....Jazz Blue is a very dark blue...w/o full sun it doesnt show its full potential....i like my dark blue on my Ford....it looks purple(ish) in shade and brilliant blue in the sun.....i think Ford has the best dark blue.........a color i wish Dodge did still is Black Berry.....it looked black in shade and dark purple in the sun......

• Agree Agree x 1