Looking for a reputable non-worrisome dealership for Hellcat service in the Bay Area

Discussion in 'Western States' started by D4SSWME, Dec 13, 2015.

1. D4SSWME

D4SSWME Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hi,

appreciate your input on a trusting dealership for Hellcat services such as regulate maintenance, etc

Thank you

2. rw99

rw99 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Recommend Normandin in San Jose.. that's where my Mopars go.

Rich

3. D4SSWME

D4SSWME Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    They don't even return phone calls.

Ugly start

4. sparrky

sparrky Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Try Stewart Dodge in Colma,Ca. They have a SRT mechanic. Or Walnut Creek. In either case, make sure they have a SRT qualified tech. Hope this helps.

5. D4SSWME

D4SSWME Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Sparrky

6. 16HellWhite

16HellWhite Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How about Los Angeles that are Class 3 level

7. fifty

fifty Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Any updates to this? I bought my car at lithia in concord, but I have no idea how to discover their "class " level or SRT tech employment?

Also, any reputable shops you guys take your cars for aftermarket work?

8. rnr

rnr Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I'd be interested in hearing recommendations for service as well. Stewart in Colma is the closest but their salespeople are so incredibly slimy that I am not sure if I want to trust their service department.

9. fifty

fifty Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    SRT just told me Walnut Creek has a SRT trained mechanic but lithia dodge Concord does not.

They advised that I take my car to Walnut Creek and I only have a SRT 392. Must go for double if you have a hellcat

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. sparrky

sparrky Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just got the HC oil/filter change last week at Stewart Dodge in Colma. Talk to John Shami.

11. Det2Oak

Det2Oak Detroit raised, West Coast paid. Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I threw a code last week (p1217, active exhaust manifold bank 1). As soon as I threw the code, I noticed resonance issues with the manifold. Under light load (1500-3500rpm) I would hear what sounded like the manifold slapping against the baffle. Like somebody was playing spoons underneath my car during acceleration.

I scheduled a service appt for next week at Michael Steads Hilltop in Richmond. But I also remembered how they tried to hustle me for rotors last time I was there.

I started shopping around for dealers and noticed Mopar had a buy three get one free tire deal at select dealerships. I needed all four tires replaced as mine had been rotated and looked like they lost a fight with a belt sander.

So being as how it was early in the week and early in the morning, I called San Leandro CDJR to see if maybe they could get me in that day. The receptionist directed me to parts, told me to check if the tires were currently in stock, and if so, to have parts transfer me back to service to set an appt.

Parts tells me they have it, so I transfer back to service, and service tells me "sure bring it in asap, and we should have you out the door with tires quick"

So, I drive to San Leandro (which also is my closest dealer that I never went to for whatever arbitrary reason) They take my car in, and about ten minutes later the service guy comes to me to tell me he ****** up. He saw the tires were physically in stock, just did not count all four. So, they needed to wait for a delivery at 1pm for my fourth tire. I decide that Ill come back later.

I get back at 1pm, they take the cat, and within the hour she has her new claws and is awaiting my arrival.

I liked the way they handled everything so much, I told Hilltop to eat shit. I changed my service to San Leandro.

I went back yesterday morning for the CEL and it turns out my spring in my active exhaust manifold one (driver side) broke.
    Since this was an appt they had ordered the part ahead of time. I was fixed under warranty and out the door smiling within two hrs of them being open.

I also asked the service depti f they had level 4 tech's? The answer I received was "Yes a bunch, as well as some master techs". I guess I should have known by the sparkling clean service bay that was full of SRTs, as well as the huge inventory of SRTs and Cats they have.

Long story short, I'm going back there for everything I need.

• Like Like x 1