looking for unspoken for allocation

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by redkey, Nov 25, 2014.

1. redkey

redkey Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all! New to the room. I've contacted 100+ dealers in the last week almost all outside Cali for an unspoken for allocation.Must be a MANUAL, and after that prefer Pearl White with black interior, Laguna, summer tires and red seatbelts, but I'm flexible except for the transmission.

I thought '13 and '14 Shelby GT500 allocations were tight and eventually got my '13 at $1K over invoice and a '14 order at $1500 over invoice. I heard the C7 Z06 was gonna be tough to get and even though I'm number 46 on a list of a dealer with 96 allocations, because most people want an auto and the verts are delayed too, I could have ordered a month ago.

But THIS ride!!!???...it's like waaaay the hell harder to find. I know I'm getting started late, but the hunt is a big part of the fun for me...at least for the first 100 dealers or so. Beyond that, it's getting to be a grind!

I'm guessing you've all heard the same question a thousand times by now, but flame suit on, I'll ask it anyway.

2. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mopars are hard to get sometimes. Remember the Fords have been out for several years. I was lucky to get my GT500 convertible for well below MSRP. Converts don't sell well here in Crapsonsin ( land of snow and salt on the roads)

3. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I thought I read that you found one and was looking for another one for others? Did you find one?

4. Russ Baskin

Russ Baskin Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    See my post for HELLCAT FOR SALE my dealer has one Today

5. JD's Cat

JD's Cat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My dealer tells me mine will be picked up mid Dec. I am in middle TN. Not going to be getting my Kitty no more. Toooo much $$$$. Going today to pick up 2015 392 instead. More my price range(I have a Bass Fishing addiction! Bass Boats are $$$$). If anybody would like to take it over post your contact info. Dealership has been very good so far. Granit Crystal Metallic, 8sd auto, navigation, summer tires. Got it for $64,075 on my POC, no mark up. I will be talking to the dealership today to make sure its OK to do this or get my deposit back. You might be able to change color Etc.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats on your car! Thanks for letting others know about your Hellcat. Enjoy your new car and Bass fishing, both are a blast!:D

7. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

8. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    all that I've found that are either in-transit or already at the dealer, they're wanting ADM on.

I'm not looking for something for nothing and will try to contribute as I can to the forum. I do appreciate the reply.

for example, there are two at Parkway Chrysler in Michigan on the lot, but after emailing with them for a couple of days, they told me they're putting them on flea bay. 'buy it now' price was $6K over msrp. so, I can see that getting around a huge markup is a huge part of actually getting one's butt in the driver's seat of one's own Hellcat.

9. noboost4you

noboost4you <Insert witty title here>

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    With all the fees eBay charges, EVERY Hellcat on the auction site will have to sell over MSRP just to cover the fees. This isn't to say they are padding the markup, too, but the majority of the markup will cover fees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Deputydog

Deputydog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep I agree! eBay fees are gonna kill the sellers

11. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I hear ya, and yes it costs to sell on there but I was good-to-go on the Red/black manual with Laguna so there's an ADM component in there for sure or they could have moved it before putting it on there if they wanted to. they had "final price" as the msrp price on their dealership website before they went the auction route.

12. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    if for example the 'cat was $63,9xxx and they say the 'buy it now price' is $69,9xxx, how much do you suppose fees are?

are fees like a flat rate + some proportion of the selling price?

13. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The dealers sometimes use the websites for bait & switch scams, the price will look sweet, you'll see the car, get all giddied up, then you are just one of the many rubes (like me, I've tried repeatedly) to get lured to their site or showroom, and they try to flip you to a regular SRT 392, or how about stepping way UP, in price, and maybe get the next Hellcat? Always an excuse, usually blamed on a computer glitch, for listing that hot vehicle at a low price, as we all know how inanimate objects often pull those pesky bait and switch schemes?!
    Lots of people on this site tout how they never pay over MSRP, and nobody should, and that Hellcats are available for just sticker price with a little effort, blah blah blah. I myself have found otherwise. Locally, the closest dealer sold their only two at over $95K (including Tax, delivery, title,lic, but still more than $25K above sticker) and they almost laughed at me when I politely asked if giving them ten grand, cash, in advance, might get me one MANY MONTHS FROM NOW, at $10K ABOVE MSRP, they told me flat out "NO CHANCE". Another said their backlog is so deep at $5K above retail that they aren't taking any more names or orders as they will get few if any allocated and are certainly unable to fill their existing waiting orders. (Note, this process commenced and started repeatin' all almost two months ago, and none of the demand here has been satiated, so nothing has changed, I get runaround, or no encouragement, every place I try.) Thus, I can be like everybody says is 'right', and demand MSRP, and only WATCH VIDEOS of the Hellcat but perhaps never get to drive one myself...Thankfully, as I sit in the shadows, forever envious of every Hellcat owner, I can cry myself to sleep with the reassurance that 'at least I didn't pay above sticker', repeating again and again in my brain...

14. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    your not going to get one right now.....id sit tight for 6 months.....start your search over in March/April....ill bet you will find one for sticker by then....right now its senseless to try unless you feel like paying $5-10k over sticker

im planning on waiting until they are under sticker....paying full sticker makes me sick....paying above sticker makes me vomit

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. redkey

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    yeh, what 'a little' effort gets you is the knowledge that 'a little' effort isn't gonna cut it unless you're 'a lot' lucky. :)

• Winner Winner x 1