Looking into purchasing

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by enzo101, Feb 4, 2016.

1. enzo101

enzo101 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey everyone!
    New member but have been lurking for a while and looking into getting a Challenger Hellcat. Just have a few questions.
    1) Dealer near me said they are no longer making manual cars due to lack of transmissions available. Is this in anyway true?
    2) Are there any specific dealers that give the best deals?
    3) Just got off the phone with a dealer in MI (I'm in AR) and they are offering $5,800 off with an employee discount. Is this a real discount?
    4) What is a decent price to pay for a Challenger Hellcat since the buzz has died down a bit after the initial launch?
    5) Looking at getting White, preferably Ivory, with Sepia interior and a manual transmission. Any leads on one?

Thank you in advance for any and all help! It is much appreciated!

-G

2. Rocket Man

Rocket Man Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have no dealer leads & I tend not to believe anything they say since in general all they want is your wallet.

Here's a couple pics of my White M6 w/red seat inserts & red belts to hold you over until you get your own.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  3. enzo101

enzo101 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you for the help! I will call both dealers tomorrow and see what they say. I need to have the car before April for a rally I will be in so ordering may not work due to timing. Thanks again for the help!

-G

4. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    still bringing all the money--jump on cargurus.com and find what u want, buy it and drive the he77 out of it..
    he who hesitates is lost.

5. Peter Gozinya

Peter Gozinya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As the proud owner of one, I can tell you there will be no buyer's remorse. It may hurt a little parting with this much cash but the car rewards you everyday whether you drive it or not. IMO

I think the M6 is issue is BS, but I would do the A8. It's faster and a great transmission, but to each his own.

You can find them at MSRP Not sure about $5,800 off. That seems like a really stupid dealer if they are offering that.

The cars are still retaining their value and there is a website called VROOM.com that has a few low mileage ones and they are asking all the money for them despite being advertised as "below market value"

Supposedly they are picking up production but I still think they are a rare find on the road. I have and love the Sepia interior and it would look awesome with the white or ivory pearl. The red interior is really nice as well and the pictures don't do it justice.

Don't know your experience with hypo cars but I am 44 and have had many sport bikes and fast cars and this car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it. The car is really fast and comfortable. I can't find any faults with it. Good Luck. It is a keeper for sure.

6. enzo101

enzo101 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Appreciate the help! I'm awaiting a GT350 at the moment and want to pick up another car as a grand tourer, got a few bikes as well. I know the A8 is faster but I'm a stick guy through and through lol. Thank you again for the help!

-G

7. Peter Gozinya

Peter Gozinya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My Pleasure G and welcome to the Forum, It will interesting to hear your write up on your take on owning both cars. I know the Mustang is getting alot of hype and it is a beautiful and mean car for sure. But if you get both you would know better than automotive journalist taking them both out for say a day or two for testing.

The Hellcat would be a great GT but it also is one mean take no prisoners get the F out of my way animal. good luck again and I am pretty impressed you can own both especially if you are going to pay the market value on the Mustang which is crazy high right now. Personally I was able to avoid ADM on the Cat but I see the Mustangs asking for twice the MSRP in some cases and that is insane.

You definitely have "Baller Status" LOL !!

8. enzo101

enzo101 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hahaha I've never been called a baller before!!! Could get used to it. I'm paying MSRP on the 350. After calling 50+ dealers one was kind enough to do a MSRP deal. No way in hell would I pay over sticker for a car knowing it'll depreciate eventually (excluding some vehicles of course). If I do end up with a Hellcat I'll do a write up of both even though they are totally different vehicles. Thanks fellow baller!!

-G

9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    go to cars.com and the dodge website...email every car that fits your specs....im sure there are many sitting around the country.....1 hour of work and sit back and let the replies come back

10. enzo101

enzo101 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thats where I do all my searches. Found two and they have yet to call back.

11. HellScoot

HellScoot Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I posted a PCP A8 the dealer I got mine from and turns out someone I know who just got his six speed traded his for it. So that's available but it is Plum Crazy not white. Should sell for a good price I think it has 700-800 miles on it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i havent been in the market for a year, but im guessing if you only found TWO your being too fussy w/ options.....when i bought my Sumblime a year ago i looked at every A8 Sublime....i preferred a stripped, but got a loaded one.....if you want a car that is somewhat limited and hard to find you have to be open to all options...i get the trans and i get having 1 or 2 colors.....when i bought my gt500 i had 4 color combo's i was looking for....i lucked out and found my #1 choice......if you can have 2-3 color choices this will also help....some people have to have EXACT.....that EXACT= waiting longer, paying more, driving farther

or maybe im all wrong and there are only 2 in the country and im talking out of my *ss

13. enzo101

enzo101 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm one of those that has to have exact, well when it comes to something this expensive. If all else fails I'll order one and use the 350 for the Rally. I've looked at nearly every Hellcat on cars.com and the two I found were bright white, a color I can live with and contacted them but they have yet to call back. They both are quite a ways out so if a dealer near me can do a reasonable price I'll go ahead and go with it. Would rather not go out of state anyway.

-G

14. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    being fussy and not wanting to go out of state will = paying more and waiting longer

thats the trade off

i found and purchased mine in a short time....happy with every option i have....glad i went loaded

your choosing a harder path...i am a very fussy person also.....but i also dont like to wait....the only thing i would have not taken is the basket ball seats on my sublime....but in early 2015 that wasnt even an option from dodge on sublime.....and the brass monkey wheels werent available yet either.....it was like 3 options available and i love all 3

i wish you luck on your quest....i may not be a journey, but more of a quest at this point

15. enzo101

enzo101 Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hahaha waiting doesn't really bother me. I'm six months in on my 350 and another month from it being in. If it means waiting its fine. Just as long as it's the right deal! But thank you for your opinion and appreciate your insight into this.

-G